Both DTC Knock Sensor Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brady Maxwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi

Would anyone be able to help me make sense of this? DTC codes P0325 and P0330 are on, which means both knock sensors (bank 1 & 2) are on. What could cause this issue?

I also have another issue where it takes longer than it should start. Could this be caused by these bad knock sensors? I think if they are malfunctioning it could alter the timing a bit, maybe that's the cause of the hard start? Are there any other known problems for these gen 3's that could cause a hard start or a longer crank time before it starts?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi

Would anyone be able to help me make sense of this? DTC codes P0325 and P0330 are on, which means both knock sensors (bank 1 & 2) are on. What could cause this issue?

I also have another issue where it takes longer than it should start. Could this be caused by these bad knock sensors? I think if they are malfunctioning it could alter the timing a bit, maybe that's the cause of the hard start? Are there any other known problems for these gen 3's that could cause a hard start or a longer crank time before it starts?
Has this truck had any minor or major repairs recently? Have you looked to see if both knock sensors are properly connected? Are they mounted correctly and the fasteners tight? Is there oil all over the wiring harness behind the oil filter?

Knock sensor issues can make the engine hard to start because if the sensors are sending an incorrect signal to the PCM the PCM can retard the timing so much that it may not start at all. If you could get a scan tool connected to this truck and look at the PCM data you could see what the knock sensor voltage is at. You could also see if the cam/crank correlation is correct and see what the fuel control looks like.

Myronroy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever find the problem excuse I ran into the same issue