Bought a 2020 today, gas pedal vibrated all the way home.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I bought my dream truck today after two months of shopping. 2020 QC with Hemi etorque and level 2 group. I absolutely love it.
However, during my hour plus drive home from the dealer, the gas pedal emitted a vibration that tickled my foot constantly to the point where I had to lift off the pedal periodically for relief from it. I'm hoping this is a "break in" issue and will go away eventually. It was worst at @ around 1500 rpm. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and whether it went away eventually.

Thornback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Gas pedal vibration is strange. I never heard of it. I was wondering if it vibrated on cruise control? If in park or neutral and you rev the engine does it vibrate? I would think that would be easy to troubleshoot, just start checking out the components connected to the gas pedal.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does your truck have the pedal group adjustment (allows the pedals to move closer/further), perhaps you need them closer to you so that your foot is not stressed while on the gas. (Not a funny reply put cannot think of the right way to explain it) Need to make sure you are in a comfortable position when driving.

WoodGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 06 F250 with a 6.0 that has had a very mild harmonic vibration @ 1500 rpm's since new. 255k and still counting. Not saying you shouldnt have it looked at, just that it may not be a big deal either.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Next time you feel the vibration, gently place your left foot on the brake pedal to see if you feel the same vibration through the brake pedal too. It may be a vibration resonating through the pedal mounts and not be associated with the accelerator at all.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Personally, neva heard of a gas pedal vibration, but U always learn something new. Keep us posted on this (wonder if related to E-torque), hmmmm.

WOODGUY, U may be on to sumthin there...

Hmmm: Moveable pedals adjustment?? There was a recall on the MY 19 on pedals which I had done. Also, wonder if that PITA ANC system in there? Just plucking at straws here.....

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2000-rpm-vibration.112142/

Still there on mine. Tested probably 6 different trucks, including one that had 6 miles on it and was right off the car carrier....did the same thing.

Granted, mine were 4th gen but I think its harmonics from the engine getting into the chassis and then into the cab from wherever the chassis isnt isolated somehow (my uneducated guess is something with the steering shaft).

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Could be caused by the MDS. I could feel when it was active on my previous truck (4th gen). Slight vibrations coming through the floor, gas pedal, and brake pedal. I can't really feel when it's active on my new truck (5th gen), but I can hear it if the sound system is turned down. In any event, it's not normal even during "break in". I'd take it in and have it looked at. My only question is whether you felt it on the test drive, and if so, why did you buy it?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Do yourself a favor, get a flashlight look at the upper part of the gas pedal housing. Its a honeycomb black plastic unit. My pedal did that too. My entire unit was replaced, the dealer found a big crack in the unit, it was split open.

OP
OP
M

Munson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Do yourself a favor, get a flashlight look at the upper part of the gas pedal housing. Its a honeycomb black plastic unit. My pedal did that too. My entire unit was replaced, the dealer found a big crack in the unit, it was split open.
Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll look at that first thing in the morning. Seemed a little better today (first full day with it) but still there. Thanks again.

Btp 2332

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We had a police Durango that did this. It had power adjust pedals. Brought the pedal closer about an inch and it took the vibration out.

carterdcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2018 3500 with 6.4 hemi also does it. It resonates through the intake. From the egr system. It does not do it all the time. When it does. The motor feels stronger. Like a torque vibration. I still think it is from egr.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine vibrated day one as well. Concerned me a lot. Within a week it stopped and I don’t feel it anymore unless I’m in 4 wheel drive, which I expect because my last two Rams did that.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bought my dream truck today after two months of shopping. 2020 QC with Hemi etorque and level 2 group. I absolutely love it.
However, during my hour plus drive home from the dealer, the gas pedal emitted a vibration that tickled my foot constantly to the point where I had to lift off the pedal periodically for relief from it. I'm hoping this is a "break in" issue and will go away eventually. It was worst at @ around 1500 rpm. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and whether it went away eventually.

You sure it was the pedal? You weren't reminiscing about Obama were you? I've heard that people get chills up their leg when he speaks.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

well then, don't let ur wife drive it til you get THAT fixed, or she'll wreck for sure.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hello Munson,
We are sorry to hear about the troubles you have recently experienced with your brand new RAM. If you continue to experience your vibration you have described here, we would kindly suggest reaching out to your servicing dealer as they will have the appropriate tools to assist. Please do not hesitate to follow-up with us via private message if you decide to go this route. We would be happy to add a layer of assistance throughout that process.
Laura
RamCares

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
With a new vehicle I take it for a test drive before accepting it from the dealer. If there is something not right then I leave the vehicle with them to get it fixed. If they know that there will lose the sale there is a strong incentive to fix the problem(s) and to do so as quickly as possible. They do have to know that I am sincere in being willing to walk away if they do not fix the problems and if I was to accept the vehicle then I am taking it "as is" which would be very foolish.

Tom Machum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Munson,

Congrats on the new truck! I have a 2018 with adjustable pedals and it does the same thing although I notice it most on bumpy roads. It feels like something is loose and about to fall off in the linkage.

Recently I've experimented by tucking my left foot underneath the brake pedal and lifting up on the pedal, like if the return spring was broken. The vibration all but goes away.

I will try adjusting the pedals too.