Brake bleed issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Aloha from the Big Island
I replaced all four brake calipers on my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT & finished bleeding the brakes to the point there is no air coming out but I’m still getting no pressure on my brakes. Pedal goes all the way to the floor with only about medium resistance. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Bad master cylinder..my next guess. Clamp off each individual brake hose one at a time, check pedal for hardness. If you clamp off lets say the right front brake hose then all of a sudden your brake pedal is rock solid, the problem is in that area, for example. Now if you clamp off all brake hoses and still goes to floor, its further up in the system.. Aka master cylinder. This is an old school way but ive done it before to eliminate caliper issues first.

But how did you perform the bleed? Did you have help pumping the brake up then open the bleeders?

TexasDrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you ever resolve the issue? I am thinking of overhauling my brake system and I have all the brand new parts sitting in my garage including (all NEW OEM - even the bolts) Calipers, lines, master, PVC valves, bolts. My brakes work great but the bleed screws have had it and one of my caliper pistons is cracked. By The Way, I have the Motive Products - Brake Bleeder For Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar and it has made all the difference and my brake fluid flushes are sooo easy, except for the bad bleeder screws on the calipers; keep the pressure low.