Brake booster restoration / more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarethumps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I have a 1996 Ram 1500 4x4 and I'm interested to know what is common practice for restoring ( aesthetically ) a brake booster, proportioning valve and 2 Wheel ABS valve? I already have all pre-bent stainless steel lines and all new performance caliper and rear brake hardware. The truck is black, accented with red.

I contacted Tuff-Stuff because I was just going to buy all brand new chrome stuff, but they don't make it for that application.

The truck is not like a complete frame off restoration, but it is a very decent restoration, so I'd like it to look _nice_.

Are there any companies out there who make chrome parts for these ? I don't mind paying, and I'd rather pay than do the work to clean up the old stuff. ( I just don't really have the time )

Do I just have to bite the bullet and cap off all the holes, and sandblast everything and paint it ? I'd probably just clear over the valves, but paint the booster red to offset it from the black truck.

Many Thanks !

Vahan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello. Booster of my Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 2009 is not working. OE number booster is-68049856AA. But this number is cancelled. Can you tell mi is the OE-68078739AA is same ?

OP
OP
S

squarethumps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello. Booster of my Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 2009 is not working. OE number booster is-68049856AA. But this number is cancelled. Can you tell mi is the OE-68078739AA is same ?

I do not know the answer to that.