Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polishadrian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I’ve got a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn with about 35.5k miles. No issues when just starting a drive in the morning but after about 30+ miles of driving from work my brakes make a weird clunking noise when i press them down while at slow speeds or if I’m stopped (parking lots, my driveway, etc). It seems that it’s a little worse when I back in on my very slightly inclined driveway. I’ve taken it to RAM service since it’s still under 36k but all they did is hold my car for 6 days and on the 6th day told me they can’t replicate the noise which doesn’t help me. Apparently they checked all my suspension components and everything looked good but doesn’t seem like it’s anything to do with the suspension since it happens when I press the brake.

Here’s a link to a video showing the noise (I am parked on my driveway)

Any help/ideas/thoughts is much appreciated!

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The clunk may be a loose / damaged / missing anti-rattle brake pad clip, or a dirty or not lubed caliper slide contact point for the brake pads.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Same.

Guessing brake pad moving or calipher is not moving, easily.
Might want to have someone hit the brakes while you watch the caliphers slide back and forth on the guide bolts.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I see you're from Texas, so rust shouldn't be problem. I was going to suggest rust jacking on one or more of the brake pads and to be sure to lube up the parking brake actuators behind the rear rotors given the age/mileage. Not being in the rust belt means not so much of an issue for either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963