Broken door handle, need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I pulled my door shut and broke the mounts that attach the handle to the door panel. I called the dealership and they recommended buying a new door panel. Does anyone know where I can find the mounts/brackets. b768a226b6522a8fe2b2f2b9147fd8d6.jpg
cffb29f2ecb6db057493628a29eefb8f.jpg
bda5505f743e06bb377588daeacf7314.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn, I haven’t seen that before

Hopefully, someone here can help

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same problem. I tried super glue and baking soda which worked for awhile but it recently went to **** again. I hope someone helps you out well us out.

JP

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Call junk yard for door panel or order one from dealership

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I pulled my door shut and broke the mounts that attach the handle to the door panel. I called the dealership and they recommended buying a new door panel. Does anyone know where I can find the mounts/brackets. View attachment 440150
View attachment 440151
View attachment 440152

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I have this same exact problem. Why did Ram make these door panels so weak? Did you find a fix for it, or did you end up just replacing the panel?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately I have this same exact problem. Why did Ram make these door panels so weak? Did you find a fix for it, or did you end up just replacing the panel?
Gripe all you want, but....There is a reason that there are so many "cheap" plastic parts on and in a modern car/ truck. This reason is occupant safety in the event of a collision. Cars prior to the late 70's had metal knobs and other stout protrusions which will impale body parts in an accident. My Father had an accident back in about 1963 in his 1961 Chevy Impala. He struck a freeway guard rail after losing control of the car during an evasive maneuver in light rain/ slick driving conditions. One of the dash knobs, made of steel, impaled his knee cap. His head struck the steel dash (no plastic padding), and he suffered many other bruises.

Cars are currently designed to sacrifice interior parts to eliminate/ reduce injury in the event of collisions. Sometimes these plastic parts "depart" this world sooner than expected! Seem as though an insurance actuarial person decided those parts were/are far cheaper than injuries/ disability.

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gripe all you want, but....There is a reason that there are so many "cheap" plastic parts on and in a modern car/ truck. This reason is occupant safety in the event of a collision. Cars prior to the late 70's had metal knobs and other stout protrusions which will impale body parts in an accident. My Father had an accident back in about 1963 in his 1961 Chevy Impala. He struck a freeway guard rail after losing control of the car during an evasive maneuver in light rain/ slick driving conditions. One of the dash knobs, made of steel, impaled his knee cap. His head struck the steel dash (no plastic padding), and he suffered many other bruises.

Cars are currently designed to sacrifice interior parts to eliminate/ reduce injury in the event of collisions. Sometimes these plastic parts "depart" this world sooner than expected! Seem as though an insurance actuarial person decided those parts were/are far cheaper than injuries/ disability.
Fair enough. Makes sense. They should at least make some parts easily replaceable then if they are basically designed to break. You know, like the piece that you pull on with significant force multiple times daily?

MuddyJeep810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Fair enough. Makes sense. They should at least make some parts easily replaceable then if they are basically designed to break. You know, like the piece that you pull on with significant force multiple times daily? Instead I have to replace an entire door panel which I read on another thread is over a grand new.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
been my experience the only way to fix that is by replacing the door trim panel ! so that being said option #1 order new one from dealer give them your vin # prob last 8 digits or go to your local salvage yard and see if they have one the same color and trim level as yours ! but in my parts trying to find these trucks in salvage yard that have not already been picked over or damaged ! so good luck

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fair enough. Makes sense. They should at least make some parts easily replaceable then if they are basically designed to break. You know, like the piece that you pull on with significant force multiple times daily? Instead I have to replace an entire door panel which I read on another thread is over a grand new.
Words such as "Ought" or "Should" have burdens of compunction built into their interpretations. This means that, company entities have a "conscious".... Not! ;) They serve the almighty dollar.