BT 2/4 to 3/5 Kit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay. I cut a half up front and 1 in the back. I dropped the back this weekend, didn't have time for the front. Will get to that this weekend. I hope i'm not too low as well. You have any issues in the back?

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No i dont have much if any problems in the back. Only thing I get is from time to time on large bumps if im in it and torq is on the rear I can bounce off bump stops. I am actually thinking of going to go a tad lower in the back to level out the look of mine.

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took off about that on my stops as well. I really only bottom it on hard bumps when im getting on it.

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every time i see a dropped 4th gen it makes me second guess my direction.... lol nice work.

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So finally got my 1"lift spacers for the front to bring it up just a hair as I wont to get a little from the pigeon tow I have going on right now and to get a better chance to get close if not in alignment. Will install this weekend and get a before and after :)

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Every time i see a dropped 4th gen it makes me second guess my direction.... lol nice work.

Anytime you get to feeling that way we can just trade trucks for a while. I sure as hell miss my big ass 4x4's
Ain't quite got the wife talked into buying my truck from me so I can buy a 015 dually 4x4. Working on it, just not there yet.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exhausted, man do you think we can drop mine a little more? I'm getting to much air underneath her at high speeds.

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which part? The front or rear? What are you cut to as of now? What tires you running? Remember I went an entire coil up front which I would say brought me down close to 4 some inches and with my tread it's just too much and to align I can get close but won't go to full align ever. I would just get new tires to fix it but found it to be cheaper for now to just order the 1" lift for the front to bring it up just a tad to help it out till I get my full air ride kit together.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Exhausted, man do you think we can drop mine a little more? I'm getting to much air underneath her at high speeds.

You can always go lower, just depends how much more money you're willing to throw at it.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've really got it handling nice again, that's what I'm worried about messing up. But I also know if I want a faster top speed I've got to kill that air underneath.

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can always go lower, just depends how much more money you're willing to throw at it.

TylerB summed it up. You can always go lower just have to ask what you're willing to spend into it to adjust OTHER things that get affected by dropping it lower.

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, are you going to the strip and thats why you are working to get your trap times lower?

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Road course, I'm not a 1/4 mile kind of guy.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Simple air cutter

Sent from Das Cell Phone Fool

Looking back on it I'm guessing you would have done just half a coil in the front? And a full coil in the back? And how in the world do you measure it? And one last question, did you buy just the coils or the coils and shocks?

Thanks!:peace:

OP
OP
rolltideram

rolltideram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea 1 full is to much for front, the back is fine. Can measure it for sure from center wheel up and that will give you best measurement. I bought coils and shocks

Sent from Das Cell Phone Fool

Reactions: PX8