Build up of My 2018 Megacab called Big Bertha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did some rock crawling in my 2500 Megacab. I may have incurred some damage. (Sad Face)

I may have slipped off a rock and dented it. Oops......

If you’re going to continue trails like that, take it from an experienced off-roader: you need armor. You have no skid plates underneath, or rocker protection. At the very least, get dethloff’s engine skid. The last thing you need to do is bang your oil pan up on something and be wheeling alone again (wheeling 101: never wheel alone) and have no way to get your truck off the trail. Just some friendly advice!

OP
OP
sawtooth4x4

sawtooth4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
LOL, I'd think that my 20+ years is probably pretty damn experienced. I can't count how many vehicles I've used offroad. And if you can't take a little damage, you shouldn't be doing it anyway. I know the risks.

Alright, finally got around to this video. We took Big Burtha up Long Canyon in Moab, It's a nice easy trail. The truck fit well and we didn't have any issues, as would be expected anyway. The best time to run this trail is right before sunset. The views are awesome from top to bottom.

OP
OP
sawtooth4x4

sawtooth4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
We finally hit one of the roads I've always wanted to drive in Southern Utah. The Shafer Switchbacks in the Canyonlands National Park. Really fun drive with great views.

OP
OP
sawtooth4x4

sawtooth4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Concluding video to the Shafer Road I shared last week. Potash Road runs the rest of the way into Moab. The views here are amazing. We were blown away. I can't believe in all the times we had been to Moab, we've never gone on this road!