busted fuel line.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wesley Loncar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L (360) SMPI V8 "MAGNUM"
My father has a 2001 ram 2500 with a gas 5.9L. the fuel line connecting the rails on top of the engine decided to turn into a geyser. does anyone know what size line it is and how to remove it. doesn't look like there is any sort of clamp holding it in place and i don't want to just rip it out. also should the system be bled after? here's a picture: its the wet looking line on the far left.truck 1.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Easiest removal will likely be a razorblade and cut lengthwise. I would use a universal fuel hose and clamp it in place, the rails pressuruze to 50psi, don't really want it popping off. I THINK it might be 3/8 but it's been awhile since ive looked at one without the hose

orionlover69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Easiest removal will likely be a razorblade and cut lengthwise. I would use a universal fuel hose and clamp it in place, the rails pressuruze to 50psi, don't really want it popping off. I THINK it might be 3/8 but it's been awhile since ive looked at one without the hose
High pressure fuel line. If you can find a wtire that makes hoses and fittings to order, just take that one off and take it down there and get one made. Its slightly pricey but damn worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Same thing and not that critical here, remember the factory put these on with hose clamps

orionlover69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Same thing and not that critical here, remember the factory put these on with hose clamps
I prefer better safe than sorry especially when it comes to fuel lines. Wire reinforcement and hose clamps. I was thinking of inlet to rail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
It's just the crossover line. Normally yeah I'm all about nice PTFE braided lines and an fittings but that crossover is pretty simple