C0051-28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louis whiteside

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I have a 2015 express with 5.7 and 102k miles truck has always run well but I'm getting a c0051-28 code have looked with the scanner and all can anyone break this code down to what is actually wrong

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Make:RAMCode:C0051-28Definition:Steering Wheel Position Sensor - Signal Bias Level Out Of Range / Zero Adjustment FailureDescription:Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module detects the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) signal is above than ±15° of 0° while driving straight.Cause:
  • STEERING WHEEL ALIGNMENT
  • STEERING COLUMN OR INTERMEDIATE SHAFT IMPROPERLY INSTALLED OR DAMAGED
  • STEERING ANGLE SENSOR (SAS) LOOSE
  • STEERING COLUMN CONTROL MODULE (SCCM)
  • ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE
Failure Type:Signal Bias Level Out of Range / Zero Adjustment FailureThis sub type is used for failures where the control module applies a bias voltage or a zero signal level to a circuit upon which is superimposed a signal voltage (e.g., bias voltage to an Oxygen Sensor circuit, or a filtered digital m/sec2 signal while vehicle stands still for a lateral accelerator sensor module.)

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Assuming the steering angle sensor is associated with the clock spring, I wonder if they removed and repositioned the steering wheel after the alignment and messed something up.

OP
OP
L

louis whiteside

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I was thinking I work offshore and my wife took it for the alignment she said they didn't do it complete because a tire was seperated,separated, came home 3 weeks later the light came in truck wasn't driven because she was afraid of the bad tire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963