Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
ABS Light came on, but only when driving at 40+mph for 2+ minutes, and not every drive. Broke out my Autel AL519, and it doesn't have any codes. The AL519 apparently only does ECM and TCM. There's also SRS and ABS.

Today it came on again, so I detoured right to Advanced Auto and borrowed theirs. Came out with 9 codes! Well, 8 codes and a duplicate pending code from the ECM that also showed in the ODBII module. I guess I need a different reader. Maybe the AL629 could have gotten them? It was only $25 more, I should have splurged. Or researched other options.

The big code I'm concerned about, and the likely cause for the ABS light, is the C1009 Brake Fluid Level Low. I know there's fluid, so need to make sure I check the sensor next. The best part is that the Service Manual doesn't talk about the C1009 at all!!!

Anyway, codes and my suspicions for why the rest of the codes threw:

1) I had a loose positive battery terminal connector last week. I think these [stored] codes are related:
= [TCM] P1684 Battery Loss in 50 starts
= [SRS] B210D Battery Voltage Low
= [TCM] P0562 System Voltage Low
= [ECM] (PENDING!) P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request

2) Truck only came with one key. I had two keys cut at the HW store, and wanted to they were cut right, so I turned the truck on with them before they were paired by the locksmith. Didn't realize it stored a code. :)
= [ECM] P0513 Incorrect Immobilizer Key

3) I installed an aftermarket Homelink-enabled mirror, and had disconnected the overhead computer without disconnecting the battery. Yeah, I was lazy. Both stored a code
= [SRS] U0156 Lost Comm with Electronic Overhead Module

4) I also installed some LED lights for the bed. I *might* have disconnected the C219 harness in that process, which is in line with the U0019. I guess I need to disconnect the battery more often when working on the truck (rofl) Or this was thrown by the loose battery terminal.
= [SRS] U0019 Controller Area Network B Bus