camshaft change 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatape

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I've got it finished now and if I had it to do over I would have taken the engine out of the truck. Would have been easier I believe. Truck runs great put a Comp Cams tow package camshaft in, it really pulls the hills around here great now. New Camshaft, non-MDS lifters, pushrods and rocker arm assemblies. Also required disabling the MDS and placing block-off plugs in top of block where MDS valves were, and reprogramming the ECM. Also installed a set of long tube headers new catalytic convertors and increased exhaust pipe diameter by 1/2 " all the way out and a high flow muffler. kept it a single exhaust system because single exhausts make more torque. Have all the MOPAR part #'s for lifter yokes, rocker arm assemblies if anybody needs them. Also changed the exhaust valves, the ones that were in the cylinders that the MDS shut down were pitted. The heads looked good but the exhaust valves had been hot they were blue looking and pitted so I changed them all!

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Awesome.. I want to do this to my 6.4 in my 2500. When you were looking at cams and chose Comp Cam's, was there any other cam companies you looked at and if so why did you go with Comp?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Best thing to do is buy your cam from the one that does your custom tune. Hemifever, Jay Green , Flyin' Ryan are the top 3 Tuners.