Can i somehow get mine out of derate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
truckmen

truckmen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I'm sure glad forums keep records of members' posts; that way, we can keep track of the trolls. Perhaps, they will eventually come to their senses and recognize how embarrassing they made themselves.

In the meantime, my de-rated 3500 came out of derate all by itself. Don't ask me how. I am totally at a loss. But boy! Am I ecstatic!
I am going to find out every detail I can about these idiotic emissions systems right down to what voltages the numerous sensors are sending to the computer and will share my discoveries with all here.

Ralph

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ralph the Truckmen ,

May i suggest, that you help yourself by looking at trouble shooting tools.
The one that every "independent professional driver" that owns their own equipment should have, would be a advanced OBD2 Scan Tool that goes well beyond the Basics.
It would be more like a Engine Analyzer

Get something that allows you to do your own
reads trouble codes, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, IMMO Keys, (disable lost keys, add new keys),

they might call it a tool for Experienced Home Mechanics

Several members get a less costly device, but it won't do
DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, which shops charge a small fortune to do.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Ralph the Truckmen ,

The one that every "independent professional driver" that owns their own equipment should have, would be a advanced OBD2 Scan Tool that goes well beyond the Basics.

reads trouble codes, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, IMMO Keys, (disable lost keys, add new keys),

It seems you were referring to AlphaOBD at the end but AlphaOBD does a version of those tasks and more.
Screenshot_20220710-183032_AlfaOBD.jpg
Screenshot_20220710-183139_AlfaOBD.jpg
Screenshot_20220710-184942_AlfaOBD.jpg

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
DPF Regeneration,
Can initiate both a stationary and drive cycle regeneration cycle on the EcoDiesel.

OP
OP
truckmen

truckmen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Ralph the Truckmen ,

Hello GTYankee,

Hey! Thanks for the leads. I'm reading up on these devices and it looks like I will most certainly obtain one of these. Actually, some of these at thousands of dollars might be a bit north of my budget. :cool:

Ralph

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello GTYankee,

Hey! Thanks for the leads. I'm reading up on these devices and it looks like I will most certainly obtain one of these. Actually, some of these at thousands of dollars might be a bit north of my budget. :cool:

Ralph
Alfa OBD software is like $50. a nice OBD port scanner is like $130. and if you need the bypass cable they are under $75.00...

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bypassing the emissions controls is illegal and shows your total ignorance of environmental issues and everyone's health and well being. Hope the solution costs you a bundle.

inflation is a bit**, this thing cost half this price not long ago. $1200 gets him out of the issue he’s having, $1200 Bob…

Don’t recommend increasing the power unless you have a built transmission. It was $8k for a built 68rfe.