Can these be replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
Anyone know if the horn buttons can be removed and replaced? I have custom leather on this wheel and don’t want to replace the entire thing.image.jpg

OP
OP
BigWhiteSnake

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, the horn goes off for one minute straight. I unplug the menu buttons on the left of the wheel and it doesn’t happen and the horn works as it should. I broke a wire and that is why I want to replace. Otherwise, out comes the soldering iron.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Also, the horn goes off for one minute straight. I unplug the menu buttons on the left of the wheel and it doesn’t happen and the horn works as it should. I broke a wire and that is why I want to replace. Otherwise, out comes the soldering iron.
I did the same thing, the wire wasn't broke but it was shorted. I fixed it with liquid electrical tape.

Why do you want to replace the buttons again? I'm not following?

OP
OP
BigWhiteSnake

BigWhiteSnake

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, in all of my infinite wisdom, I broke one of them off of the steering wheel.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No, the white buttons that actuate the horn.
Got it, It's been awhile since I've had a steering wheel open but is it possible to remove the whole assembly from another wheel (I think it is)? Otherwise, the horn will still work, it will just be dead in one corner.