Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WanderingOrphan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2004 RAM 1500 4.7 and I have a leaking oil pressure switch that I cannot remove as for some reason the socket(s) will not fit it. 1 1/16" deep socket fits the new one like a glove but the one in the truck is either rounded out enough that the socket just spins or it is smaller (which I doubt so I'm going with it's rounded out). 1" socket is too small. Cannot get a grip with any pliers/wrenches/etc.

Going to swing by the store tomorrow and see if a 26mm or 27mm socket will fit but I have my doubts.

Cannot even begin to impress upon y'all how new I am to all of this and am self taught at this point, so any help or pointers on how to get the stupid thing off before I rage-mode it would be insanely appreciated!

Attachments

• oil pressure switch.jpg
    oil pressure switch.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 14

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2004 RAM 1500 4.7 and I have a leaking oil pressure switch that I cannot remove as for some reason the socket(s) will not fit it. 1 1/16" deep socket fits the new one like a glove but the one in the truck is either rounded out enough that the socket just spins or it is smaller (which I doubt so I'm going with it's rounded out). 1" socket is too small. Cannot get a grip with any pliers/wrenches/etc.

Going to swing by the store tomorrow and see if a 26mm or 27mm socket will fit but I have my doubts.

Cannot even begin to impress upon y'all how new I am to all of this and am self taught at this point, so any help or pointers on how to get the stupid thing off before I rage-mode it would be insanely appreciated!
They make a special 1 1/16 oil pressure sensor socket that's longer then the average deep socket,as most deep sockets aren't long enough.

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They used to also be a special shape, not sure what year they quit doing that.
I have the special shaped socket.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You need to get the special socket as mentioned before, I still have the one I bought several decades ago .

OP
OP
WanderingOrphan

WanderingOrphan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hm, I'll have to hit up another store then because the one they had specifically for these wasn't deep enough. Thanks, I'll start there!