CarPlay gps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curry7500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 ram 2500 Laramie. When I plug my phone into the truck and using maps or google or Waze it will start out showing the the way correct then the triangle that shows you moving on the screen on the route will be way off and it says proceed to route. I can unplug my phone and it is correct on the phone. When you plug it back up it says proceed to route. I have had to check my phone and everything is ok. It works fine on my car. I took it to the dealer and they said it needed reset so they did that I took truck out on road and it did the same thing. Return to the dealer and told them they took the truck out and said it did the same thing. They told me they recalibrate it. When I got in my truck the climate control would not work so I went back in and told them. They said the only thing they knew was I needed a new radio. So I left that dealer and to another one they got the radio back to working but maps in car play still is loosing it way. And help or thought s would be appreciated

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Probably need to wait till the next CarPlay update. Both CarPlay and AndroidAuto try to use the vehicle GPS signal to aid with navigation, some of the app updates have been know to cause various problems with the apps running through the radio. I've had both Google Maps and Waze both stop tracking the vehicle location. Usually with a revision or two the problem cleared up.

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im sure you’ve already tried cycling the power off, wait a full minute, and then turning your phone back on?

OP
OP
C

curry7500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since I made CarPlay wireless I haven’t had any issues at all. It works better wireless than it did wired