Catch Can Amazement - 1k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A while back I posted that my dealer installed a catch can for me from Moe's. The deal was I was supposed to bring it back for the shop foreman to take a look at the results. Well, today he unscrewed it from the engine bay and the dang thing was half full of oil. He was impressed and I was going to talk to the shop manager to see if they should order some and offer them as a dealer installed option.

You are (potentially) welcome Moes!

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
"Yes, we recommend installing this catch can on your brand new truck because all this oil is a bad thing."

"So why would I buy this truck then if the catch can traps all this oil?"

"Because it's awesome?"

I could see the conversation going something like that. To the non-informed customer of course.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be extremely shocked if a dealership starting pushing these on customers. Its hard enough to get people to check the oil levels nevermind the maintenance of a catch can. Although Mopar does make a catch can themselves.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be extremely shocked if a dealership starting pushing these on customers. Its hard enough to get people to check the oil levels nevermind the maintenance of a catch can. Although Mopar does make a catch can themselves.

I was not aware that mopar makes a catch can.. I'll have to look into this

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was not aware that mopar makes a catch can.. I'll have to look into this

I believe it is made by BT and it just has a Mopar logo. I'm not sure if they started selling them yet but I do know they were planning on it. If it isn't in the Mopar catalog yet u can expect to see it in the near future.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, I'll check the parts department tomorrow when I get to work and see if we sell them

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After doing some searching it seems they might have squashed the idea due to licensing issues.

OP
OP
W

WISluggo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, there are a few folks who would buy a ram or a challenger with the 5.7 who may want them. Is the dealer going to offer them? I don't know. But they were at least believers after seeing what was in mine.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can see dealers selling them with every other part, but pushing them? I don't see that ever happening. None of the service advisors I work with at my dealer talk about catch cans. Given this is just one dealership, but this is what I've seen so far

Last edited: