Cats Stolen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good afternoon, as the title says my cats were stolen. This past weekend in Vegas, some low life's had the decency to do a free cat delete on my 2011 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi. I was able to do some patch work to close the gap to make it back home. Now, since i already have the MBRP cat back exhaust, I am looking for cat deleted options. is there anything out there that connects to the head and eliminates the cats? I am not interested in dropping $800+ for the cats, only for them to get stolen again on my next trip to Vegas. I have no emission laws where I am located. If there is no kit available, I'll just end up salvaging what is left and what I already purchased and build my own.

OP
OP
cbinker

cbinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For those interested in photos the front

Attachments

• tempImage12gjRt.png
    tempImage12gjRt.png
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 98
  • tempImageV5qSwV.png
    tempImageV5qSwV.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 92

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first thought that come to my mind. might get some MIL eliminators (if they still make them) and just have a muffler shop weld up the pipes for a nice clean finishing of the delete.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
OP
OP
cbinker

cbinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
first thought that come to my mind. might get some MIL eliminators (if they still make them) and just have a muffler shop weld up the pipes for a nice clean finishing of the delete.
are those like the O2 sims? because i got a friend picking them up for me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Some cities are already doing this in California

If passed, the bill would combat the increased theft of catalytic converters with three items:

1. Require all new and used car dealerships to permanently engrave the car’s vehicle identification number onto the converter.
  2. Metal recyclers will only be allowed to buy a catalytic converters with a visible and untampered VIN, they must keep detailed records of who sold them, and make those records available to law enforcement.
  3. Increase the fines and jail time for those buying, selling or possessing a stolen catalytic converter.
  4. “The bottom line is that California is the number one in the nation for catalytic converter thefts,” said Senator Brian Jones
Chula Vista, down close to the Mexico US Border has already bought an engraver to start doing it, I heard that San Diego may do the same.

It will take forever to etch 2 million automobiles

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some cities are already doing this in California

If passed, the bill would combat the increased theft of catalytic converters with three items:

1. Require all new and used car dealerships to permanently engrave the car’s vehicle identification number onto the converter.
  2. Metal recyclers will only be allowed to buy a catalytic converters with a visible and untampered VIN, they must keep detailed records of who sold them, and make those records available to law enforcement.
  3. Increase the fines and jail time for those buying, selling or possessing a stolen catalytic converter.
  4. “The bottom line is that California is the number one in the nation for catalytic converter thefts,” said Senator Brian Jones
Chula Vista, down close to the Mexico US Border has already bought an engraver to start doing it, I heard that San Diego may do the same.

It will take forever to etch 2 million automobiles
What are those penalties going to be? Slap on the wrist and ordered not to do it again? With California's criminal justice system, nothing will happen and it'll be a feel good measure. Engraving is going to be pointless. Anyone with an engraver could etch a vin into them.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you covered comprehensive insurance, then 100% they'll be covered. Low deductible, high cost of cats = free headers/tune...
My truck lives out side, just throwing that out there.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What are those penalties going to be? Slap on the wrist and ordered not to do it again? With California's criminal justice system, nothing will happen and it'll be a feel good measure. Engraving is going to be pointless. Anyone with an engraver could etch a vin into them.
Californias way of dispensing Justice has speed to NJ and NYC.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye