Center console swap a PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Looks like a rocker switch should work. If you are considering this option then the Durango has a *** that may work.
If you are staying factory looking to the PW, you are on the right track.

11, 7, 18mo

11 yr is into trucks and favorite is a Raptor (about 2 years too late to the party since I sold mine. ) and basketball (super happy about that.) and Ninja Warrior
7yr hunting, fishing and rc cars
18mo, well I call him the Destroyer!

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like a rocker switch should work. If you are considering this option then the Durango has a *** that may work.
If you are staying factory looking to the PW, you are on the right track.

11, 7, 18mo

11 yr is into trucks and favorite is a Raptor (about 2 years too late to the party since I sold mine. ) and basketball (super happy about that.) and Ninja Warrior
7yr hunting, fishing and rc cars
18mo, well I call him the Destroyer!
That sounds like an awesome mix. You are blessed for sure regardless of what truck you drive!

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
54EB72E6-48F5-4631-9FF5-42FDB822F137.jpeg
took the tabs off the 99 lever. I’m able to rotate it to the driver side now so it’s in the correct orientation. I now know how much I need to bend the lever to make it protrude the correct way and amount. almost 100 degrees seem like it would be perfect. I’ll start at 90 and see where it goes from there.

First picture is in 2wd second is in 4hi. Once it’s bent I will have good clearance from the seat. It works now but it will be better after I bend the upright portion forward about 10 degrees

2C588A1A-A3E9-4076-BA34-43D77FA0E25F.jpeg

391A4FA3-ADC0-4C5F-A0F7-151DFC166F0B.jpeg

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to see an update on this one!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Do you have a post detailing the radio swap? I’m definitely interested in CarPlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have a post detailing the radio swap? I’m definitely interested in CarPlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not but there is a major thread in 4th gen electronics I think. Its all about the UAQ UAS upgrade. That’s what I followed then the I just switched the bezel out for the center console swap.
I ran the new head unit in the original dash bezel for about 3 months. I love it. It stopped me from trading the truck in honestly.

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Working on bending the lever tonight. I need more gas for my torch and a bigger cheater pipe. Lol this lever is strong!

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Working on bending the lever tonight. I need more gas for my torch and a bigger cheater pipe. Lol this lever is strong!
Any updates?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swapped the bench seat back in tonight. After living with the console for a few months and the arrival of our forth child the bench console it’s much better suited for my needs.

It really does make the inside of the cab feel that much bigger and I really did miss all the cup holders as dumb as that sounds.

Console with be parted out or sold as a whole. maybe one of you guys want to swap this into your pw. I have two extra tcase arms that I will include with the sale so you can bend them to find your needs if you want.

glad I tried the console not for me though.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bet you could hear the audible sighs from all the followers. I'm guessing you know the answer to this, but why can't the power wagon have the electronic 4wd options? Is it because of the lockers?

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet you could hear the audible sighs from all the followers. I'm guessing you know the answer to this, but why can't the power wagon have the electronic 4wd options? Is it because of the lockers?
I bet it can and I was considering ordering the control knob from a right hand drive truck from over seas. It would fit in the pocket where we have the cubby and power outlet.
There is definitely additional parts needed to complete the swap electronically. I wasn’t willing to go that far just yet. Glad I didn’t though because the bench was what I was missing. If you read my first post it was a staple in my new truck search. Happy to have it back. The console wasn’t as useful as I thought it would have been.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah if you have a bunch of kids I get it. I almost didn't buy a power wagon because it didn't have the front console option but I don't miss it at all. The one thing I really want now is leather interior. Every used power wagon If found with it with the mileage I was looking for sold immediately. I could just do Katzkin but I kind of like the OEM with the power wagon stitched on the seat.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Has nothing to do with the lockers. Its because it has a manual shift transfercase, Which is in the way of the council. The council trucks shift the tcase electronically.

Im sure it would be a ***** to swap from manual to a electronically controlled, but possible.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah if you have a bunch of kids I get it. I almost didn't buy a power wagon because it didn't have the front console option but I don't miss it at all. The one thing I really want now is leather interior. Every used power wagon If found with it with the mileage I was looking for sold immediately. I could just do Katzkin but I kind of like the OEM with the power wagon stitched on the seat.

I prefer the bench setup over the center council (have both), and it has nothing to do with having kids. I have only actually had someone sit there once in 36k miles (which was not very comfy for her).

The jump seat is just a better use of space imo. I do prefer the aesthetics of the council, though.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I guess the question I was asking is do the power wagons have to have the manual shift transfer case? Why didn't they make them electronic in the first place?

OP
OP
56PW17

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess the question I was asking is do the power wagons have to have the manual shift transfer case? Why didn't they make them electronic in the first place?
I think it’s for nostalgia purposes to be honest. And the lever just actuates an electronic so I bet you could do the swap with relative ease