CheechDogg's 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ahhh ok , so you have addressed the manifold bolts before ? If so what did you do previously ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I bought the truck used and I noticed the manifold tick sound as I drove home that night so I notified the dealer next day. They diagnosed the issue as broken manifold bolts and fixed them for me. The mechanic doing the repair messed up during the install and broke couple of the studs in the passenger side head so I got a brand new Mopar head as well as part of the ordeal. It's been 2.5 years now since that repair and I was lucky I didn't have to pay for it :)

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I bought the truck used and I noticed the manifold tick sound as I drove home that night so I notified the dealer next day. They diagnosed the issue as broken manifold bolts and fixed them for me. The mechanic doing the repair messed up during the install and broke couple of the studs in the passenger side head so I got a brand new Mopar head as well as part of the ordeal. It's been 2.5 years now since that repair and I was lucky I didn't have to pay for it :)
Nice ! .... they stepped up

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Just off the top of my head and asking my wife right now ... I am between $10-$15k .... lol ... and she gave me a dirty look lol ....

But a quick list with about how much I might of spent in order:

1. MaxTrac w/Fox Shocks Lift = $1875
  2. RBP 87R Blades 20x12 Gloos Black Milled = $800
  3. Tires 37x12.5R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers = $1693
  4. Labor for lift kit,wheels and tires $1100
  5. RBP Stealth Power Running Boards = $1380
  6. Core 4x4 rear upper control arms = $197.50
  7. Bushwacker fender flares = $300
  8. Honey Comb Grille = $100
  9. Led headlight and fog light conversions = $200
  10. Carven Exhaust Competitor series = $329
  11. Raptor Bedliner for bumpers, grille, bed and fender flares, includes material and tools = $500
  12. Headlight and tailight tint = $30
  13. Fender flare spikes in place of rivets = $15
  14. Interior led conversion with Lasfit leds plus 3rd brake light, reverse lights and license plate = $100
  15. Gator FX Hard Quad Fold Tonneau Cover = $799
  16. Revolution 4.88 gears =$850
  17. OPT7 60" Redline Triple LED Tailgate Bar /CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness= $140
  18. Window tint 5% all around and 40% windshield = $200
On top of that tools like my 60 gallon air compressor, pressure washer, polishers 2 of them, around $2000 worth of tools to do the mods myself ...

Total $12,608.50 ..... damn ! ...

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
So my next mod is a catch can ... any suggestions, recommendations on which one to get you guys? I just reached out to Nick and waiting on him to get back to me ....

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So my next mod is a catch can ... any suggestions, recommendations on which one to get you guys? I just reached out to Nick and waiting on him to get back to me ....
Your truck looks awesome! As for the catch can it seems like everyone’s norm is either the UPR or the mishimoto. I plan on getting the mishimoto since I’ve heard the UPR isn’t as effective

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck looks awesome! As for the catch can it seems like everyone’s norm is either the UPR or the mishimoto. I plan on getting the mishimoto since I’ve heard the UPR isn’t as effective
UPR is effective. And btw do a little more research on this mishimoto. Google Mishimoto catch can issues vs UPR catch can issues. It seems you won't go wrong with UPR but you will with Mishimoto. I have a UPR in the RAM. 3rd vehicle with one. Zero issues.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPR is effective. And btw do a little more research on this mishimoto. Google Mishimoto catch can issues vs UPR catch can issues. It seems you won't go wrong with UPR but you will with Mishimoto. I have a UPR in the RAM. 3rd vehicle with one. Zero issues.

I agree, UPR is top notch. Look what is on most American race cars at the track. UPR is one the leaders with catch cans, that many other brands copy/mimic.

BigJoe1094

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I agree, UPR is top notch. Look what is on most American race cars at the track. UPR is one the leaders with catch cans, that many other brands copy/mimic.

That's good to know, from what i saw they were saying UPR still have a lot that gets by them. Guess i have more research to do!