clearance issues 325 60 R18's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
picked up some tires and rims for cheap this week but I'm concerned that they may rub at full lock.

has anyone had clearance issues running 325's (12.8") on the front of their trucks, I think the rims (Procomp 69 series) are -6 backspace but not positive. I haven't had time to pick them up yet and mock them up.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
In your Avatar it looks like you have an HD? You should be able to run those tires without issue from what I've seen here locally, but you might want to think about a level if you don't have one already.

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In your Avatar it looks like you have an HD? You should be able to run those tires without issue from what I've seen here locally, but you might want to think about a level if you don't have one already.

yes it is an HD wasn't sure about turning radius mainly looks like it will be 1" wider each side.

depending on the offset the rims have.

Leveling kit in the future for sure, have to sneak it in under the radar. wife gets mad when I buy tons of parts.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
yes it is an HD wasn't sure about turning radius mainly looks like it will be 1" wider each side.

depending on the offset the rims have.

Leveling kit in the future for sure, have to sneak it in under the radar. wife gets mad when I buy tons of parts.
I don't think you'll have an issue, went and looked at a coworkers 15 2500 and there's plenty of room.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think you'll have an issue, went and looked at a coworkers 15 2500 and there's plenty of room.

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

Thanks, hopefully I will have them on this weekend and I'll toss up a few photos

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have installed the tires, stick out about an inch past the fender flares not horrible. at full lock I get a very slight rub on the inner fender liner. nothing serious. leveling kit is on order with bilstein shocks which should take care of the issue.

Attachments

• RAM 33X13.5.jpg
    RAM 33X13.5.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 100
  • RAM 33X13.5 SIDE.jpg
    RAM 33X13.5 SIDE.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 89

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You can easily trim the small protrusion on the bottom of the flares. Also, if you look at the body mount behind the fender liner, there is a hole you can zip tie the liner to (drill two small holes in the liner and run the zip tie through it). Pulling back the liner should give you plenty of clearance. You can also use a heat gun and mold back the bottom of the liner.

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can easily trim the small protrusion on the bottom of the flares. Also, if you look at the body mount behind the fender liner, there is a hole you can zip tie the liner to (drill two small holes in the liner and run the zip tie through it). Pulling back the liner should give you plenty of clearance. You can also use a heat gun and mold back the bottom of the liner.

Thinking about something like that, there's a pinchweld behind that protrusion though and I would rather not cut that if I don't have to.

AlphaCT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have installed the tires, stick out about an inch past the fender flares not horrible. at full lock I get a very slight rub on the inner fender liner. nothing serious. leveling kit is on order with bilstein shocks which should take care of the issue.

Looks good. Can i ask a favor... Can you take a picture from the front and/or back from a lower angle to I can see the stance these size tires give the 2500?

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. Can i ask a favor... Can you take a picture from the front and/or back from a lower angle to I can see the stance these size tires give the 2500?

No problem. Didn't take any like that yet but I'll try to get some tomorrow and post them up.

OP
OP
VTBighorn

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hope these help. Phone camera isn't great

Attachments

• image.jpg