Climate Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lundyrw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 L Hemi that I just purchased. When I drove off the lot I realized that I am unable to turn adjust anything with the AC/Heat. The dealership only says “as-is condition” and refuses to fix it. The A/C fan is blowing full tilt, which I thought could be a bad relay but I can’t turn the fan off or adjust the temperature. Maybe a bad climate control module? It also has an after market radio, so maybe that is messing with the climate control module. There is a screen in the after market radio that has climate control settings but it won’t let me change anything in that screen, it just shows me that the fan is on full blast and that the AC is on its coldest setting... yeah thanks radio, I figured that one out on my own. Anyone have any issue like this with theirs or seen this issue, or even have any ideas? If I have to I could buy a factory radio and install it, I’m just not sure that would fix the issue.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 L Hemi that I just purchased. When I drove off the lot I realized that I am unable to turn adjust anything with the AC/Heat. The dealership only says “as-is condition” and refuses to fix it. The A/C fan is blowing full tilt, which I thought could be a bad relay but I can’t turn the fan off or adjust the temperature. Maybe a bad climate control module? It also has an after market radio, so maybe that is messing with the climate control module. There is a screen in the after market radio that has climate control settings but it won’t let me change anything in that screen, it just shows me that the fan is on full blast and that the AC is on its coldest setting... yeah thanks radio, I figured that one out on my own. Anyone have any issue like this with theirs or seen this issue, or even have any ideas? If I have to I could buy a factory radio and install it, I’m just not sure that would fix the issue.
Can you post a picture of what your radio and climate controls look like? There are several different variations of the HVAC systems in these trucks and the HVAC module is in different places. It could be a few different things causing your issues but there is a good chance it may have something to do with the aftermarket radio or possibly something being disconnected when the radio was installed. Having some pictures of what you have will help.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Lundyrw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like the after market radio is a DDX574BH. The first picture shows the Climate control cluster. I was going to take the cluster off this afternoon and see if any of the harnesses are loose or disconnected. Thanks for your help.

F31CB4B7-80AF-44DF-95FC-440B9DF6A0FA.jpeg

3A4C44C1-48F6-4E02-8CDD-5882102BFFFC.jpeg

1DCF29DE-4176-41CB-8F4B-BBD10D5B58F4.jpeg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok in the system you have the actual heater control module is integrated into your control knobs. There is no separate HVAC module in that system. There is no way to determine if your new radio us somehow affecting the system but it's obviously connected to your trucks CAN system or it wouldn't be able to display what settings your HVAC is on. There are probably a few things it could be. I recommend pulling the bezel off and checking all the connectors on the back of the bezel ect to make sure they are connected. Disconnect them and check to make sure all the pins and sockets are ok. They may have left something off or possibly a bent pin or damaged wire. If that all looks good you can use the Alfa tool to check for DTC codes to see if it may point you in the right direction. You can purchase the bezel you currently have extremely cheap because a lot of guys including myself have switched over the the 8.4 radio with a different bezel so there are a lot of used ones floating around. In any case you should be able to pick one up for $50 or so on Ebay or Car-Part.com. they make a 4 speed and a 7 speed fan version of that style so if you try switching out the HVAC controls make sure you get the correct one. Yours appears to be a 7 speed. Lastly if you still can figure it out I would take the truck to a good stereo shop to see if everything is connected correctly. I honestly don't know if or how it could affect the system but I've pulled a few aftermarket radios out for people and replaced them with the 8.4 Ram radios because they were tired of the issues.

OP
OP
L

Lundyrw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I’m able to buy an 8.4 radio used and a different bezel would I be able to plug it into this vehicle without any modifications to wiring harnesses? And how much does that usually cost. Looks like I might be able to salvage some stuff out of Houston.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I’m able to buy an 8.4 radio used and a different bezel would I be able to plug it into this vehicle without any modifications to wiring harnesses? And how much does that usually cost. Looks like I might be able to salvage some stuff out of Houston.
You would need to purchase a conversion harness from @M2mods in the vendor section of the forum. If you have access to the truck you are going to want the radio, HVAC module mounted to the right of the glove box under the dash panel end trim piece and the 8.4 bezel. The harness will be plug and play. I recommend contacting Mike at M2mods to get all the info you may need. I don't recommend buying the harness from any other source if you decide to to the conversion. The harness was invented here and then copied by outside vendors who sell harnesses that aren't nearly the quality mike sells. His stuff honestly looks better than factory.