Clunking Noise - Zone 6" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My rear end makes some ****** noises when hitting bumps with the lift on. Just got the lift, but I don't like the sound. Sounds like the damn bed is bouncing or something.
Check the bolts that hold the box to the frame, you need a decently long socket extension to get in there though.

bamablack11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had this problem too.. It was the upper bolt on the rear lower control arm.. It came loose after a week.. I have a zone 4"

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Slipped my mind that I changed out my dinosaur sized muffler with a flowmaster super10. The tailpipes we're held with the hangers from the muffler, i.forgot to get some new ones. Could be that.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did another inspection this morning and came across this. Occurs both of the left and right side.
d61ce8bf25b15f0709326474338e158c.png
d8af4db56c308dbc2c01620d8f680ab4.png
If you can't really see, the steering knuckle is hitting the lower control arm.

If it helps, during the install there was a lot of issue getting the strut to fit its way in, so much that the shop had to lower the crossmember, place the strut in, hook up the control arm, and jack up the crossmember.

EDIT: Called Zone and apparently the digging into the stock LCA is normal. Still unsure about the clunking, the tech suggested considering a rear driveshaft spacer or lowering the bilsteins to stock height.

So is this a Zone lift issue only?

My knuckle hits my lower control arm to so I wouldn't worry about that. But did you make sure all the bolts holding the rear end are tight? What about the sway bar? Could be the rear end moving some

You also have a Zone lift?