Clutch Fan Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, if I remove the clutch fan, will the AC fan kick on at a certain temp even if I don't have the AC turned on?

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I know is my mother in law blows a ton of hot air in the wrong direction consistently and her fan blades are right messed up
Well, your setup can be altered or removed…… the in-law has no hope!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, if I remove the clutch fan, will the AC fan kick on at a certain temp even if I don't have the AC turned on?
Yes. 220° which is not what you want. If you aren’t reprogramming or tuning it is best to leave the clutch fan in or leave the ac set to on.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good Evening,

This is Circuit Guys wife. I am sad to report that he passed away of a heartattack on 8/21. He was a sickly man but it was very unexpected. My son was able to pull up the forum and I am overwhelmed by the messages he has in his inbox. I see he has helped many on the forum. He was a smart man. You could tell him the make and model of a car and tell him what the vehicle was doing and he would tell you exactly what was wrong. It was amazing. Don't know how he did it but he did.

AlexBueno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what it's worth, the fan you have already on your '17 is exactly the same as the fan you're looking to replace it with, I think they upgraded it on the '14 and up rams. I just did this on my '18, I purchased the V6 fan and other than a little bit better shrouding, it's the exact same motor. Honestly all you need to do is get rid of the clutch fan, the electric fan will work fine. If you wanted to go with a 180 degree t-stat then you'd probably want a tune to set the fan kick on temp lower. I can tell you with very spirited driving in hot temps my '18, with a 180 t-stat NEVER gets hot and the stock fan is more than enough to cool the motor.
Hello James. What tuner did you use to set the temp on your eFan? I’m trying to do the clutch fan delete on my 2015 Ram 1500 5.7

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello James. What tuner did you use to set the temp on your eFan? I’m trying to do the clutch fan delete on my 2015 Ram 1500 5.7
I don't know if you're aware of this,but you'll need to either have your original PCM unlocked or buy another unlocked PCM for your 15,before you'll be able to tune it.