Cold start weak battery sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas and Burla is right. Check the battery at night, if its full disconnect it till the AM. If it fires up you got a draw... fuel relay on the TIPM is pretty common. So common they make a bypass cable to prevent having to replace the entire unit. (Fuel relay is soldered to the board).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
So I put a full brand new battery in it after truck sat overnight and fired it up and it still did the same pause in cranking.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I put a full brand new battery in it after truck sat overnight and fired it up and it still did the same pause in cranking.

Cool... same as me :)
Ive been to multiple shops now, reloaded tunes, etc still cant figure it out. I ran redline fuel cleaner.. might try techron.. if I figure it out, I will keep you posted.

My battery was 8 years old so regardless it was time to replace it, so wasnt to pist when the same issue happened with the new one.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool... same as me :)
Ive been to multiple shops now, reloaded tunes, etc still cant figure it out. I ran redline fuel cleaner.. might try techron.. if I figure it out, I will keep you posted.

My battery was 8 years old so regardless it was time to replace it, so wasnt to pist when the same issue happened with the new one.

I ran techron and the redline cleaner and it didn't make a change.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about the fuel pump, would that cause the delay?
I had mine checked, it would be more than just the AM I would think if its after sitting awhile. Either way pressure was fine.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran techron and the redline cleaner and it didn't make a change.

Thats disappointing.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas and Burla is right. Check the battery at night, if its full disconnect it till the AM. If it fires up you got a draw... fuel relay on the TIPM is pretty common. So common they make a bypass cable to prevent having to replace the entire unit. (Fuel relay is soldered to the board).

BTW You dont have to replace the TIMP to fix the fuel relay took mine apart very easy few vids on it to. I ordered the $4 relay soldered it to the board and 2 years later its fine.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm not believing it is TIPM at this point, but since a couple guys mentioned it make sure you do it right if you do it, use cig lighter relay and make sure it turns off and on with key, very important.

My best guess is either gas or air is missing or lacking on that first combustion, fuel leak down maybe? I wouldn't even know how to fix that if it was.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I feel like if you had air filter off for one start that might even compensate for lack of air if that was it, maybe even a small vac leak, because the hemi is tuned to draw the air through the filter, which takes more energy then drawing air w/o filter there.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel like if you had air filter off for one start that might even compensate for lack of air if that was it, maybe even a small vac leak, because the hemi is tuned to draw the air through the filter, which takes more energy then drawing air w/o filter there.
I'll do this tomorrow and start without filter as wife has truck at work today.
I'll update tomorrowb

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW You dont have to replace the TIMP to fix the fuel relay took mine apart very easy few vids on it to. I ordered the $4 relay soldered it to the board and 2 years later its fine.
I did the same... :)

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I forgot to post this, I was going to try it.
Coolant Temp Sensor ??

The video didn't say if he was having an issue starting every time or only in the AMs, but he also was throwing a CEL

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My best guess is fuel leakdown my fathers 2012 2500 does this with 215k on it it always starts tho.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My best guess is fuel leakdown my fathers 2012 2500 does this with 215k on it it always starts tho.
What about installing a check valve in the line right after the tank.. Ive been debating that too.

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has been doing the same thing.. Started about a month after I installed a Pulsar programmer.. 2015 with 37k on it and it was 80* when I made this clip..

Kjz3Ro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same..

Outside temperature doesn't seem to affect my truck just time.. It does do it in the morning when I start it to pick up my daughter from school but then it doesn't do it when I start it to leave for work 5 or so hours later.. It does however do it when I leave work 8 to 10 hours later.. So basically if it sits for around 8 or more hours it will start like that, anything less it starts up quick like normal.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Outside temperature doesn't seem to affect my truck just time.. It does do it in the morning when I start it to pick up my daughter from school but then it doesn't do it when I start it to leave for work 5 or so hours later.. It does however do it when I leave work 8 to 10 hours later.. So basically if it sits for around 8 or more hours it will start like that, anything less it starts up quick like normal.
Yup, same thing. Been chasing it for awhile.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck has been doing the same thing.. Started about a month after I installed a Pulsar programmer.. 2015 with 37k on it and it was 80* when I made this clip..

Sounds normal to me did you ever try starting it normal not remote start?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca