Comparing true lift heights (RCX, BDS, Superlift, Mopar, etc.)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, in the process of purchasing a RCX 4in lift for my 17' Laramie longhorn.

When looking at pictures of 4in lifts from all the various manufacturers, I notice that some look higher than others. I am specifically talking about folks running 35's on stock wheels with a 4in suspension lift.

Disclaimer: I know some people run 5100's up front or add a body lift that make it higher than the 4in lift alone - I am NOT talking about these folks.

Question 1: What is the true lift heigh front/rear for a RCX? How about BDS? Mopar? Superlift?

Question 2: Are they all the same and it looks different based on early vs late 4th gen suspension systems?

Question 3: If you have a 4in lift only with stock wheels - post em' up!

Thanks in advance!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
And you have to consider Zone and BDS offer 2” spacer, or 3” coil for the rear ... That will affect it ... True tire size will affect it .... But at the end of the day, there is not gonna be enough difference between the true full 4” kits to worry about ... Can’t really consider Readylift and their hybrid lifts in that category ... I have Zone 4” for 6 years and have been very happy with it ... Also, you can get 295/60 or 295/65 on stock rims, but most 12.50’s will hit your UCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And you have to consider Zone and BDS offer 2” spacer, or 3” coil for the rear ... That will affect it ... True tire size will affect it .... But at the end of the day, there is not gonna be enough difference between the true full 4” kits to worry about ... Can’t really consider Readylift and their hybrid lifts in that category ... I have Zone 4” for 6 years and have been very happy with it ... Also, you can get 295/60 or 295/65 on stock rims, but most 12.50’s will hit your UCA

This hits the nail on the head!

Rather than actual lift height, kit quality is a more important subject. If you haven't purchased the rcx yet please allow us to quote you on some other options. Zone is a great option and you really should consider going that route. Also if you think you MIGHT ever want to go higher just go 6" now. I have helped many customers move up to a 6" from 4".

If we can assist in any way and/or provide you with a quote please feel free to send me a message.

OP
OP
FloridaHemi

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the info!

I did already purchase the RCX 4in that goes on in a few days. My truck is a pavement princess with roughly 10% of her life going on the beach/mountains when visiting family so I didn't see the need for a "higher end" kit.

I aim to put 5100's on the front in the future when my stock struts start to go bad. Everyone with RCX lifts I've talked to love them. Plus, it's an affordable option to enter the lift life with upgrades available in the future.

Nick, I'll ping you in the future when I'm ready to do the 5100's.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So what did you need to know about all the others, if you already had the kit purchased ???

Save yourself the hassle and cost of taking it all back apart, back together, and another alignment ... Spend the $200 now and get the 5100’s ... The stock struts suck any way ... The cost later will pay for the Bils now ... Makes no sense ...

OP
OP
FloridaHemi

FloridaHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That looks real good, @6.7cummingdrvr! My truck is white and everything. That's what I'm hoping it'll look like.

@Bowerssfj I was inquiring to see if some of the lifts sat higher than the RCX because if so, I was considering cancelling the order and re-ordering a different lift kit. I have been in the 4in vs 6in predicament like everyone else goes through. I am looking for it to look exactly like 6.7cumminsdrvr but also wasn't sure if RCX sat an inch lower than super lifts because in most pictures the RCX looks lower. I've searched every post in this forum on 4in and 6in lift pictures and for some reason they all look higher than RCX.

As for the bilsteins, I agree. I'm going to purchase them now and bring with to the shop on Monday when they go on. Can't wait!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks for the info!

I did already purchase the RCX 4in that goes on in a few days. My truck is a pavement princess with roughly 10% of her life going on the beach/mountains when visiting family so I didn't see the need for a "higher end" kit.

I aim to put 5100's on the front in the future when my stock struts start to go bad. Everyone with RCX lifts I've talked to love them. Plus, it's an affordable option to enter the lift life with upgrades available in the future.

Nick, I'll ping you in the future when I'm ready to do the 5100's.

I agree with @BOWERSFJ rough country is known for their terrible shocks so spend the extra money now for billsteins all the way around and save yourself a few hundred dollars later.

DiabeticSith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi