Compromised seals and handwritten notes on PW sway bar disconnect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, everybody. Today I was changing the oil for the first time, and it caught my eye that the seal where the swaybar is inserted into the disconnect unit had been compromised. Looks like they put it together dry and rolled the seal lip and tore it. On both sides, no less.

Then I noticed there were also hand written notes on both sides of the disconnect unit with a paint marker. "ISM200519 OK". Or maybe "15M200519 OK". Could be "dK".

Of course I'll be taking it into the dealer to have a few issues looked at, and I'll have them replace these seals so water can't get in there.

I was just wondering if anyone else had seen any handwritten notes like this, or had any insight into what it means. Web search failed me, so I guess it's not a recall campaign code or something like that.

View media item 28669

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the same on my '19

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
same on my 18. I commented on someone elses post about this too. usually notes like this are junk yard parts. they use grease pens or whatever to label stuff.

OP
OP
T

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. There's a dealer in a nearby town that usually has about 5 or 6 PW in stock. A scouting trip is called for. I'll report back what I find out and also what the dealer techs have to tell me about the seals. Whomever assembled it didn't know how to do the job properly and part of the seal lip is rolled inward, and at other places it's poking outward.

It might be a week or so before I have time to get it into the shop.