Coolant samples

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I figured since there's a synthetic oil thread and people post their oil sample results there, we could do a coolant sample thread as well. Coolant is just as important to an engine as oil and keep on top of your coolant is important. This thread can be open for discussion on anything for coolant.

Here is my first coolant sample I've done on my truck, sample was taken at 89,300 miles.
c9b0d31efc7b34b4af594bd228a0b3e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
Did they give you other data to compare? I can't see your numbers clearly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pretty cool, what is the cost?

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry fellas it blew up on my phone clearly thought it would do the same on the forum. I never got any data for comparison, I don't believe our oil lab does that. The sample said it's still good all around and no need for a flush anytime soon. I was just worried about the coolant condition because of the 100k coolant flush per owners manual. I get free oil samples(any kind of oil) and coolant sample testing from our lab since I'm employee at my work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
I really have a hard time with the new PM schedule on new cars /trucks. My MB says 10k oil change which is 1x a year. Boy that was hard to do. But after the oil sample guy said my oil was still in hood shape I started to believe. Still hard to swallow 100 MI services. I'm an old mechanic and you hang oils and fluids much more ofter. But I'd the Manufacturer says so it must be. Specially with there warranties

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KiloHotel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oil technology has taken a great turn for the better. Sounds like coolant has too! My titan requires virtually zero work,until 105k.