cover on heated steering wheel ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any thoughts on putting a steering wheel cover on a heated steering wheel on a 2011 Laramie. couple reasons for this but mostly cosmetic although there are wear spots on it I'd like to not see get worse.
anyone put one on and can you still use and feel the heated wheel ?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I feel my heated seats with covers on so I'm guessing it will function ok.. My biggest concern would be it getting too hot and damaging the heating elements, etc because the heat is trapped.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I am noticing a large wear spot at the top of my wheel. I may need a cover as well but want the heated function to work. did you find a decent cover for it?

OP
OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
nope...but I'm still looking. I want a dark brown.. or chocolate colored one and I'm not having much luck. I also would like one that is leather and SEWN on. I see some nice ones but not in the color I want...but I have decided that the ones that are sew together are the best way to go on a heated wheel since they aren't as thick and have no padding...if done right they come close to looking almost factory.....almost

OP
OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
oh...and don't confuse the sewn on ones with the lace on ones....this is a sewn on one,and if done properly will look the best..... in my opinion

Attachments

• sew-on-car-steering-wheel-cover-hole-digging-breathable-slip-resistant-handmade-of-sew-cover-ste.jpg
    sew-on-car-steering-wheel-cover-hole-digging-breathable-slip-resistant-handmade-of-sew-cover-ste.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 491
OP
OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
Here's some internet pics of paracord....I might give it a try with a dark brown cord...heck if it don't look good I'll just take it off..

Attachments

• HYJU0t4.jpg
    HYJU0t4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,081
  • iApadQJDhFVz7.jpg
    iApadQJDhFVz7.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,040
  • ParacordSteeringWheel_zps9bfb7f83.jpg
    ParacordSteeringWheel_zps9bfb7f83.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 663

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
not a big fan of that paracord. I wonder how easy it woudl be to remove the current leather and sew on new stuff?

Found this on wheel skins
10845118-42._EuroTone_Charcoal-Sand_on_Dodge_Wheel.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
posttal

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't know if I'd want to take a chance on redoing my wheel ..BUT.. if I could fine a junk yard wheel and re-skin it I'd be up to that. I'd hate to ruin the on the truck and make it worse. The paracord is an option but I wouldn't do the entire wheel with it...just the worn spots. But personally I'm still looking for a leather sew on skin...

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I may give this two tone a shot. the brown is a Chocolate brown they have and if I get a khaki it would match my seats and dash. I do kinda wish I could cut it at the places it goes over the spokes at the bottom since that would match the factory. I wonder if I could do the baseball stitch on it too. that surely would look nice.