Covered plastics before waxing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
69C1C721-5D47-4415-8A05-86F90B819DEE.jpeg Posted awhile back for ideas to keep wax off plastic trim would like to thank Pull-ya for suggesting painters tape, didn’t take long to do & saved me trying to clean off after because I would try to be careful but always ended up with wax on the plastic trim

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Some of the waxes say you can use them on the plastic trim but I don't trust them. I tape it off every time. Glad it worked out for you.
Jay

DURASPANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the only way using any kind of compound/polishes or paste waxes. When I painted cars. I use to buy the cheaper tapes just for the detail part. Beats the crap out of trying to clean that stuff off plastics. If you ever do get some on them. Best thing I found to clean it off is an eraser and to me the white type are better than the pink but either will work. Just don't use the white ones that say for ink way to ruff and will mar/scratch.
The new SI02 stuff is plastic safe and does protect them also. Will not restore if faded though.