Crackling when on Bluetooth phone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zirai10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is anyone else getting a crackling noise when talking to someone on the phone via Bluetooth? I've got to turn the volume down to the point I can't hear them and still get a cracking sound when they are talking?

I've even tried lowering the in call volume on my phone as well without helping the issue?

Music plays from Bluetooth perfectly, it's only on phone calls...

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had this exact thing happen on my 2017, even replaced my phone to make sure it wasn't my device (i was due for an upgrade anyway)

turned out to be the phonebook sync causing issues. i turned that off, and only sync favorites now. seems to work just fine with no issues

OP
OP
zirai10

zirai10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you sir. So how the hell do you turn off phone book sync after the initial setup? I only need my favorites and nothing else. No sync, no texts or any of that crap?

Samsung Note 8 here...

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir. So how the hell do you turn off phone book sync after the initial setup? I only need my favorites and nothing else. No sync, no texts or any of that crap?

Samsung Note 8 here...

I disabled mine in my phone bluetooth settings, specifically on my “uconnect” pairing. you can disable texts and phone book/contacts I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just tried that, No go, I as well have this issue. I just tried disabling Contact sync and also tried turning off HD Audio. I have to turn the volume down to almost nothing as well and then can not hear the person I am talking too. Sounds to me like the speaker doesn't handle the low frequencies. I do not have the high end audio system. Looks like another trip to the dealership for the issue. FCA needs to know of these issues. Maybe they monitor this forum as well.

Mrbullred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same issue. Samsung Note 8. Just traded a 2016 Ram 2500. My 2016 sounded like the person on the other end of the conversation was in the truck with you. The new one seems to work better as the person on the other end talks further away from their mic. I bet a software update could fix this.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The over the air update fixed mine and it sounds great now. It tool a few weeks before I got the update and the. It tells you how to install it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mrbullred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The over the air update fixed mine and it sounds great now. It tool a few weeks before I got the update and the. It tells you how to install it.

When I type my vin on the uconnect website it says mine is up to date. It does seem like a software update could fix the problem though..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will come.e give it time
My firmware is at 11.44.0

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

How do u do the update?

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once it is down loaded it will tell you there is an update ready and you click on I stall. It will tell you leave the truck in run mode for it to complete and it says will take around 30 minutes

Mrbullred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My update hit today and fixed the crappy bluetooth sound and an echo that people were hearing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

adam duart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s up guys. Just got a 19 ram last weekend. The stereo sounds great (alpine) but the Bluetooth crackles with music and phone calls are terrible. I’ve read about an update and I was wondering if I can find the update somewhere? Thanks.

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What’s up guys. Just got a 19 ram last weekend. The stereo sounds great (alpine) but the Bluetooth crackles with music and phone calls are terrible. I’ve read about an update and I was wondering if I can find the update somewhere? Thanks.
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Slympicins

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife and I traded our 3500 for a new 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. I paired my Samsung Galaxy S7 and my wife iPhone. The in call sounds is horrible and crackles when the volume is turned up. Thus, I have to turn down the volume so you cant hear the other person. I have worked with Uconnect on this and they say (?) they have never heard of this issue. They tried to send me t the dealer but eve the dealer said they have no idea. I have deleted Uconnect on the cell phone and deleted the phones from the truck and did another blue tooth setup. Problem still exists. The blue tooth sounds from the music side works great with no issues as its only cell phone calls that the center speaker sounds like its blown out.

Anyone found a real fix to this issue?

drod327

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My wife and I traded our 3500 for a new 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie. I paired my Samsung Galaxy S7 and my wife iPhone. The in call sounds is horrible and crackles when the volume is turned up. Thus, I have to turn down the volume so you cant hear the other person. I have worked with Uconnect on this and they say (?) they have never heard of this issue. They tried to send me t the dealer but eve the dealer said they have no idea. I have deleted Uconnect on the cell phone and deleted the phones from the truck and did another blue tooth setup. Problem still exists. The blue tooth sounds from the music side works great with no issues as its only cell phone calls that the center speaker sounds like its blown out.

Anyone found a real fix to this issue?
Nope fix yet. I spoke with Ram Cares about the issue and after a lot of back and forth they said my phone was not compatible with uconnect. Even though I have a samsung note 9 (a phone less than a year old) running the latest version of android (9 pie). Kind of ridiculous and very annoying. I guess I should have an older phone?.....

Slympicins

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did speak with my neighbor who is a ram mechanic. He said these phone updates will interfere with with the trucks uconnect until uconnect builds their update. I am using an updated Android and my wife has an updated iPhone. Its the same problem.