Cruise control disarms itself and lose ability to manually downshift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ross1975

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2014 Ram has an issue in that I can start it and enable cruise system but after driving anywhere from 1/2 block to 2 miles it will turn off cruise system and disable manual shift feature and the only way to turn back on is to shut off and restart engine. Also was able to pull code u1477-00 (implausible paddle shifter data received). No check engine or abs light. Anyone have any experience with troubleshooting this problem?
Just an FYI I did replace cruise and shift switch in steering wheel about 30 days prior to this issue beginning.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My 2014 Ram has an issue in that I can start it and enable cruise system but after driving anywhere from 1/2 block to 2 miles it will turn off cruise system and disable manual shift feature and the only way to turn back on is to shut off and restart engine. Also was able to pull code u1477-00 (implausible paddle shifter data received). No check engine or abs light. Anyone have any experience with troubleshooting this problem?
Just an FYI I did replace cruise and shift switch in steering wheel about 30 days prior to this issue beginning.

Hello Ross1975,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you feel your vehicle is not operating as designed, we would kindly suggest bringing this to the attention of your servicing dealer. If you decide to go this route, please know our team is available for additional assistance throughout that process.
Laura
RamCares

OP
OP
R

Ross1975

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was actually looking for help diagnosing this issue so that I can avoid the exorbitant dealer bill

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The cruise switches are a somewhat common failure so could be that. Unless you have a scan tool capable of reading the data/voltages from the switch there’s not much you can do to diagnose it yourself.