cruise dropping out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigpen60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2004 dodge 2500 4x4 with a gas engine and the other day i had the cruise set and it shutoff meaning the "cruise" light on the panel shut off so I turned it back on and set it again and it shut off again. After the cruise started its problem I noticed a intermittent shudder like the engine shut off and restarted, just a guess. Has anyone else had this problem?

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
The first thing I would do is to plug in a scan tool that can monitor live data, then go for a drive and watch the vehicle speed sensor data. It's totally possible that said data just drops out randomly here and there, which would turn the cruise off and potentially cause some issues with engine/transmission management.

OP
OP
P

pigpen60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, I dont have a scan tool.

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Well, you can buy one on Amazon for $80, you can attempt to borrow one from someone you know, or you can pay to take your truck to someone who already has one.

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Autozone will hook up a scanner for free. If there are any codes they will find them.