Customer Service Garbage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They have replaced the radiator (multiple times) and the clutch fan…that still doesn’t fix the issue.

Plow on, driven under 45 (even through I should be able to drive faster), plow lowered as much as safely possible.

Still overheats…which is why it sat at the dealer for 3 months. They brought some manufacture reps in to try and figure it out….their answer “the plow is to big”. (Just a standard western wide out is what I am running)
Do you have plow wings installed?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 90833 miles.

EastWestHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
6.4 w/4.10s
What temp does the truck run at when the plow is not installed? OP said it runs warmer but not to the point of overheating.

My truck is a wonderful machine and has given me no problems. Coolant and oil temps seem to fluctuate between 197-220

Last edited:

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
What temp does the truck run at when the plow is not installed? OP said it runs warmer but not to the point of overheating.

My truck is a wonderful machine and has given me no problems. Coolant and oil temps seem to fluctuate between 197-220
The OP clown has not been pack since May 29. He only came here to complain about his truck.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the conversation is over, but just read this post today and got me curious. I understand how a person can get frustrated but would like to know the "rest of the story". How old with how many miles was the truck before the first issue. He states Feb 24, so assume this year......so you have an 8 year old truck that has always been used to plow? Was it commercial plowing? Does the truck have 200k miles on it? Like said in multiple other replies, whether or not it has the 180 amp or 220 amp alternator really doesn't explain all the issues they claim.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The OP probably never came because he didn't get the "oh poor baby" sympathy he was looking to get.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A good example is a kid around here. He went out and bought a 10 year old Chevy diesel truck with 180k miles on it, slapped a tuner on it turned all the way up so it would "roll coal", and went out and beat the snot out of the truck doing burn outs all of the time. A month later it blew the head gaskets.....and of course he was furious because Chevy made junk trucks and the local dealership had ripped him off by selling him a lemon!

HartgeH3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had an issue with the wing nut under the front passenger seat to remove the jack for the truck. My step son and I spent 3 hours trying to remove this, found out once we removed it there was some kind of gunk on the threads that made it almost impossible to have the jack free. So the first thing I did was contact customer service by email about the issue and the response I got back was deplorable, they suggested I put the jack some place else, but where was the thing suppose to go as there is not much room left in the truck, like under the back seat, can't put it behind the back seat so you just have to leave it lying around in the truck somewhere. I was not very happy in the response so I googled found the head cheese email address and yep emailed him with my situation plus the ticket number from their customer service response. I thought ok that's it, well wouldn't you believe it I got a call from #2 in command about this issue two days later, I thought oh crap I'm in trouble, nope. The guy said he never had a complaint about this and this was the first time he had heard about this. There was an apology in how i was treated by their customer service of this matter. I had told him you are in the middle of no where, stuck, rain, blowing snow you name it in your best clothes or suit and you are going to fight to get a wing nut out to get your tire changed. I'd be pretty peeved at this, believe it or not the guy agreed with me about this. We had a good discussion about the situation and told that he would look into this matter. This was a brand new truck 2018, 2500, 5.7 crew cab. Don't know if it got fixed this issue at the factory but it sure got someone's attention over this little problem. So my suggestion is if you can't get satisfaction from the dealer or customer service go right to the big guns with all the info and you may get something done. As they say crap rolls down hill not up.LOL
Also found out about a dealer we had been dealing with for years about the finances on our truck. The problems we had and what was happening when we got there. The missus talked to a guy from Corporate offices and found out that he was there to straighten things around as to the troubles that was happening there. We didn't hold any punches back as to what was going on. This dealership was sold to some folks in Ontario, that got to big over their heads, mechanics, sales staff replaced like a revolving door along with administrative.So it was not a warm pleasant fuzzy feeling there. Should we decide to get another vehicle, it sure won't be from that dealership.
Any chance you'd share #2's email? Perhaps he might assist others having ongoing issues with customer service.