Daystar 1.5" spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got these delivered today for my 2011 !500 2wd sport. I researched the crap out of these things and almost everyone said they are pretty easy to install, so I decided to go with them. Well... I had a HELL of a time trying to get the spring back in there, even with coil compressors. Anyone else have this problem? Thinkin about taking it to a shop and have them deal with it.

Also... I read that some guys had a harder ride after the spacers were installed. Should I go with longer shocks too?

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I used daystar 2.5 in on my 09 ram 4x4. Went in without a hiccup. Not saying it was easy but I did not need a spring compresser. Maybe the 2x4 are more difficult. IDK. good luck.

I didn't notice any difference in the ride quality.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you disconnect the shocks and sway bar end links so the arms can fully drop?

OP
OP
R

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you disconnect the shocks and sway bar end links so the arms can fully drop?

Yeah, I disconnect everything, short of removing the lower arm. Still couldn't get it to fit.

I called the 4x4 shop here and he said they would do it and alignment for $325.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
can you compress the coil further with the compressors?

OP
OP
R

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can you compress the coil further with the compressors?

I tried that too. There's not enough room for the spring compressors to fit with the spring itself. When i compressed them as much as i could, the compressor was longer then the spring, so it wouldn't fit into the bucket.

davetha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, I disconnect everything, short of removing the lower arm. Still couldn't get it to fit.

I called the 4x4 shop here and he said they would do it and alignment for $325.

All you need is a front end alignment, since you have a solid rear axle, and nothing is really adjustable, unless you have aftermarket adjustable control arms.

So $325 seems a bit steep for an alignment.

carcandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn cc 4x4
Engine
6.7 CTD
What was the end result, did you ever get them installed? I just got a set of 2.5'' spacers, i'm contemplating whether or not to tackle it myself or have the shop do it.

OP
OP
R

RamFan2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What was the end result, did you ever get them installed? I just got a set of 2.5'' spacers, i'm contemplating whether or not to tackle it myself or have the shop do it.

No... they're still in the box in my garage. My guess as to why I couldn't get 'em in was that maybe I didn't have the front jacked up high enough to push the lower control arm down enough to fit the spring. But thats just a guess. I haven't really felt like trying again, been thinking I might go lower anyway... with the Ground Force 2" drop springs for the rear.