Dealer denying to give option and possibly ripping me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thank you for the link to that! I'll eventually order it soon. I just didnt want to get screwed over if I should of got that as well. Plus if I didnt decide to get it and return it after my lease, than they pull some crap asking me where it is and say.....well, you have the racks installed and they pull there internet listing of the vehicle. Than try to charge me by saying I lost it or whatever at the end of lease. If you know what I mean.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the build sheet saying you have the BUG (Bed Utility Group) they shouldnt say anything, because the rails are listed in there.

Amazingly, every time I buy a truck the *next* generation is the one that gets better cargo management. My 4th gen RAM doesnt have any option for rails like that...would be very handy!

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Ram box trucks have a extender/divider. The regular bed trucks just have a divider available for purchase. It does not come with the truck. Only the rails, bed liner and hooks.

Ok, thanks. Yeah because like I mentioned all of the other 2019 big horn pickups on the lot that I looked at, did not have those rails installed in the bed. None of them had a liner either except 1 with a drop in.

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the build sheet saying you have the BUG (Bed Utility Group) they shouldnt say anything, because the rails are listed in there.

Amazingly, every time I buy a truck the *next* generation is the one that gets better cargo management. My 4th gen RAM doesnt have any option for rails like that...would be very handy!

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And that's what I thought as well but because it didnt specifically say (Cargo Bed Divider) on the window sticker as it said on their website. They refuse to do anything. I will Contact Dodge though and see what they say. Thanks for your input and link again

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the pic i posted of inside my bed with the glides isnt for a sliding divider that locks? That you are saying a bed extender? Because I said nothing about a bed extender nor was a bed extender listed. Just the cargo divider listed on the website and salesperson confirming that I did have the divider system installed but wouldn't give the divider part to me.View attachment 187647

The Mopar bed extender can be turned around and used as a divider. When you refer to a divider, most will think of the one for the Ramboxes because it’s very expensive and hard to get (even used for a good price).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, there it goes as far as an official answer. I'll have to order that divider/separator from amazon. I do see that it does say in the amazon listing that the rails are purchased separately. Well, I have that already lol. Screenshot_20191130-202116_Samsung Internet.jpg

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I'm guessing that somewhere in the fine print is a disclaimer, that probably states something to the effect of, "While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, yada, yada, yada, some vehicles shown with optional equipment, blah, blah, blah we are not responsible for errors etc. etc. etc....." I absolutely think this is a tactic used by less than honorable dealerships to lay the onus on the buyer. You can't simply trust the integrity of the salesman or the dealership, you have to verify every single line item or risk being snookered. It's too bad, because as a consumer, if you aren't a **** about checking everything out, you end up getting dicked. And nobody likes getting dicked....well, most of us don't.

Lastgoodshyguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
False advertising if they didn’t make a correction notice

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
False advertising if they didn’t make a correction notice

I figured that as well but he said it must've been a mistake on the website listing because it's not listed in the window sticker. According to him the window sticker holds overall say what it does come or not come with and nothing said on the website matters. Might be fine print about that somewhere too but I didnt check. As I screen shot part of my chat with Ram Cares. They did say my truck was not ordered with it from the dealer nor is a cargo divider/rails included with a Bed Utility Group package. So in another way of looking at it I guess, is that I lucked out getting half of a package that's worth $500-$700 possibly.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, websites are always good at making sure they CYA, you just need to make sure you read the real fine print. They are covered, for sure.

As far as window stickers go, Im pretty sure dealers generate them just like we do. But Im not sure what data feeds them....maybe the same data that feeds your BCM configuration (like if you wanted to have the dealer add a code for heated seats, do heated seats now show up on your window sticker?)

I think the best reference point would be the build sheet, since that does not seem to change.

But in the case of this divider, its an option that is not orderable with the truck, so I wouldnt expect to see it on any build sheet and possibly not on any window sticker either.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I figured that as well but he said it must've been a mistake on the website listing because it's not listed in the window sticker. According to him the window sticker holds overall say what it does come or not come with and nothing said on the website matters. Might be fine print about that somewhere too but I didnt check. As I screen shot part of my chat with Ram Cares. They did say my truck was not ordered with it from the dealer nor is a cargo divider/rails included with a Bed Utility Group package. So in another way of looking at it I guess, is that I lucked out getting half of a package that's worth $500-$700 possibly.
You still clearly have no idea what you have, because you didn’t luck out, nor did you pay for something you didn’t receive. You have the bed utility group on the window sticker. Your truck is equipped with the bed utility group. End of story *shrug* the cargo divider is something completely separate, and not included in any OEM factory group package. You’re not getting screwed by not having it, and you didn’t get any “extra” parts because you have the sliding tie down points. If you want the divider, you have to pay for it. Tough nuggets, but that’s the way it is unfortunately in this world, you pay for an item, you receive said item. I’m willing to bet something on the website said something about being “divider-ready” or something to that effect. But that’s purely speculation.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Yeah, websites are always good at making sure they CYA, you just need to make sure you read the real fine print. They are covered, for sure.

As far as window stickers go, Im pretty sure dealers generate them just like we do. But Im not sure what data feeds them....maybe the same data that feeds your BCM configuration (like if you wanted to have the dealer add a code for heated seats, do heated seats now show up on your window sticker?)

I think the best reference point would be the build sheet, since that does not seem to change.

But in the case of this divider, its an option that is not orderable with the truck, so I wouldnt expect to see it on any build sheet and possibly not on any window sticker either.
We definitely don’t generate them lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We definitely don’t generate them lol

Over on "that other RAM forum" I remember a thread where someone said their truck didnt come off the car carrier with a window sticker. The dealer used their computer to generate and print one, then slapped it on the truck.

Its not a negative accusation or anything :) I figured thats just how it is done in this day and age, since its a lot easier to have a central database and the ability to reprint window stickers than it is to expect the same window sticker to stay on the vehicle from build date until sell date.

OP
OP
J

Jaybear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You still clearly have no idea what you have, because you didn’t luck out, nor did you pay for something you didn’t receive. You have the bed utility group on the window sticker. Your truck is equipped with the bed utility group. End of story *shrug* the cargo divider is something completely separate, and not included in any OEM factory group package. You’re not getting screwed by not having it, and you didn’t get any “extra” parts because you have the sliding tie down points. If you want the divider, you have to pay for it. Tough nuggets, but that’s the way it is unfortunately in this world, you pay for an item, you receive said item. I’m willing to bet something on the website said something about being “divider-ready” or something to that effect. But that’s purely speculation.

Well, you would lose that bet because It absoulutely positively did not say divider ready or anything like that that you speculate. Under the website listing it was all broken up by category and it said Bed Utility Group, spray in liner, the led lighting and cargo bed divider. How is it not extra parts? I got it, it wasnt part of the build sheet. So......its extra. I'm not supposed to have any of it but I do. It is what it is now. I looked into it and got the answers from Ram Cares. It's done with.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well, you would lose that bet because It absoulutely positively did not say divider ready or anything like that that you speculate. Under the website listing it was all broken up by category and it said Bed Utility Group, spray in liner, the led lighting and cargo bed divider. How is it not extra parts? I got it, it wasnt part of the build sheet. So......its extra. I'm not supposed to have any of it but I do. It is what it is now. I looked into it and got the answers from Ram Cares. It's done with.
Now you’re just being dumb. You don’t have ANY bonus parts on your truck. You literally posted a picture of your window sticker that shows you have the bed utility group. Included in that group is the sliding tie downs (or glides system as you called them), the LED bed lights, and the spray in liner. You have all of those things. NOT included in that group is the bed divider. You do not have a bed divider. Explain how you have bonus parts on your truck, because I’m lost? You have exactly what your build says you should have, no more, no less.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Over on "that other RAM forum" I remember a thread where someone said their truck didnt come off the car carrier with a window sticker. The dealer used their computer to generate and print one, then slapped it on the truck.

Its not a negative accusation or anything :) I figured thats just how it is done in this day and age, since its a lot easier to have a central database and the ability to reprint window stickers than it is to expect the same window sticker to stay on the vehicle from build date until sell date.
We can reprint them based on the VIN (so can anyone, in fact, just by replacing the VIN in any online Chrysler window sticker URL), but that doesn’t mean we generate them. The manufacturer prints them and ships them installed. Sometimes they go missing in transit, tho.