Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealers are not responsive

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Nate1821, May 20, 2020.

1. NH RAM

NH RAM Member Military

Ram Year:
    2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
    Engine:
    If that doesn't work, Manchester, NH is only a couple hours north. My dad and most of my family still lives in CT so I get down there every once in a while. If you can't find good service locally, call Bonneville and Son and ask for Mike Raymond. https://www.bonnevilleandson.com/
    He's a straight shooter and won't "try" to sell you a car. He'll work the numbers and bend over backwards for you- if the deal makes sense for you. I bought my last 2 Rams and the wife's Jeep from him. He had his assistant drive to MA to pick up my current truck from another dealer, then drive an hour north from the dealer to install my plow. This is by far the best dealer I've worked with and I've bought and traded plenty of cars.
    Good luck!

2. Jameshill84

Jameshill84 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Went in to the dealer today, offered them 3K less than the sale price....they said no thank you and no counter so I left....MSRP 69K....Price 61.5...Offered 58.5.
    No dice

3. Sandevino

Sandevino Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    Go back after the weekend and offer $55k with $3k CASH DOWN. If they balk, walk....

4. Jameshill84

Jameshill84 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I offered 15k down....

5. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    You walked, so the process has begun :)

They'll call, eventually. My brother in law went through the same BS with multiple dealers. We looked at a used Kia Sorento for 37K, KBB value wasnt even that high, he offered 32K and they laughed at him. Said *maybe* there was $500.00 they could play with. We left....months later the vehicle is still there. They were calling him and were down to 35K last I checked, he just doesnt bother answering anymore.

Same went with a few Grand Cherokees he looked at. Its like when you are there in person (or you call them on phone), their poop dont stink. Then when they frustrate you enough to walk away, eventually they decide to try and work with you. Sorry! its not like there are only 1 or 2 of these things ever made.

6. upflying

upflying Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 CTD
    I bought my Ram from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID. $12,000 off msrp, a fair deal since they paid my one way airfare and one night in a hotel. Very responsive dealer and took care of me.
    Dave Smith is another dealer to check in Idaho.

7. Moe S

Moe S Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6L V6
    I almost had a deal this week. Salesman gave me a solid price over the phone. I asked him if he could email me the numbers so I could send them to my credit union. When his email came, he said he couldn't give me one of the incentives that was worth $3000. He said his sales manager declined it, because inventory is so low right now. He wasn't trying to pull a fast one. I have read the dealers with limited inventory need to try and get as much as they can for these trucks. I told him if there are any future incentives I can qualify for, I'm ready.

8. kad

kad Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    Not sure where in CT you are or where in NY you're willing to go, but if you're willing, try Healey Brothers CDJR in Beacon, NY. Ask for Richard Clark in sales. We've bought several vehicles from him.

-K

McBroom likes this.
  9. Sandevino

Sandevino Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    You offered too much. $3k is where you start.

10. chrisbh17

chrisbh17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Should not affect the price of the truck. If anything putting TOO much down should yield a better deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sandevino and McBroom like this.