Dealers are not responsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hobobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Interesting. I called Smith about a month ago looking into trading my 1500 in for a HD for more towing capacity. Wanted info on incentives, trade in pricing, etc. It was a very awkward conversation. Very one-sided. His responses were mostly short, one word answers. Seemed very bored or distracted. Hung up with no desire to try that again.

I bought my Ram from Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, ID. $12,000 off msrp, a fair deal since they paid my one way airfare and one night in a hotel. Very responsive dealer and took care of me.
Dave Smith is another dealer to check in Idaho.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had good success from most dealerships in upstate, SC. Ford has been my biggest issue. Both Ford dealerships gave me the cold shoulder. Every other dealership just walking on the lot meant someone was calling me back again later. I almost bought a Tundra a few years ago. Deal went south in financing because their finance guy wouldn't talk coat of the add ons and drove the price way up. I got multiple calls the next day trying to fix it. Still ended up with a Ram. I like my local dealership they are straight forward with the add ons. They print out a spreadsheet with 4 recommended add on packages and the base price. Everything is straight forward and open.

After the fact mine was missing the cargo divider they ordered me a new one and keyed it no questions asked.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

justtruckn

Reaction score
Ram Year
87 96 01
Engine
318 360 345
hate to say it ... but the service dept. is just as bad. i truly want a new truck but the dealer is such a pain to deal with. Had one tell me that if i did not buy from what thay had in stock and orderd one that i was not to have it shipped to there lot. And if i did get one online or another dealer that thay will not service it at there dealership. The last time i got a new car ... i seem to remember it being a lot more fun. Buying a new rig was a fun thing. Spend the day looking .. salesman were ok and willing to work with ya. Thay don't want to sell you the black one ya want on the back row but try and make ya buy the **** brown one ya hate and will never be happy with........ Now its like going to court for a traffic ticket.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, when I went to pick up my RAM my salesman was practically offended that I was not jumping for joy. Didnt have the heart to tell him I just wasnt happy with the BS I went through to get the "deal". 99% of it was not his fault anyway, it was his sales manager.

Ironically the sales manager "popped in" while my sales guy was explaining the truck to me. He just wanted to say hi and thanks for buying there. Nice to see he was able to get over being such a richard-head to me on the phone....or he probably had no clue who I even was. or both.

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
In ND, I just got 13.6% off MSRP on a brand new 2019 Limited (loaded). They had another $3500 incentive that would have made it ~18.8% off of MSRP, but that went away because I went with the 84-month 0% financing. I'm satisfied with the price I paid and there was zero haggling to deal with.

On another note, has anyone tried using True Car pricing?

Big D's Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great timing, I got an update in my email this morning and found this thread. I would be as frustrated as the OP is at this point too, would have thought they would be begging for sales to meet their quotas. I was thinking about buying a new Classic right now, really would like another one before they discontinue them and would need to trade in my 2015 Silverado.

I have to admit, I am not optimistic about the dealers around here, too many bad ones I have dealt with before (Long Island, NY). There is one left here I have not tried yet and if that doesn't work I will reach out to a couple of the recommendations for salespeople/dealers you all mentioned. Thanks!

DRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can speak highly of Valenti in mystic. Bought my 2500 ram there about a month ago during all this corona stuff and they were very good to deal with. I live in Middletown and there are several other dealers much closer, but the extra miles was well worth the trip.

As for Jeep service I can highly recommend Executive Jeep in north Haven! Had to bring wife’s 2017 wrangler in for oil leak ( under warranty) and the service folks were great.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
hate to say it ... but the service dept. is just as bad. i truly want a new truck but the dealer is such a pain to deal with. Had one tell me that if i did not buy from what thay had in stock and orderd one that i was not to have it shipped to there lot. And if i did get one online or another dealer that thay will not service it at there dealership. The last time i got a new car ... i seem to remember it being a lot more fun. Buying a new rig was a fun thing. Spend the day looking .. salesman were ok and willing to work with ya. Thay don't want to sell you the black one ya want on the back row but try and make ya buy the **** brown one ya hate and will never be happy with........ Now its like going to court for a traffic ticket.
X2 amen brother

Blue Mule

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque

Amen x2...

I’m not that nice. The ones I test drove were buried. Back lot, down a hill in the mud buried. I ended up ordering one through the dealer, saying I couldn’t find one I was completely sure an A$$hole didn’t abuse before me.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nate, have you tried Suresky CDJR in Goshen NY ? Ask for John Lussieriello John DiMarco or Victor Hayden PM me if you need any help.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well because of the lack of response from my local Ram dealers I am probably switching brands and going GMC. Actually there are a couple reason I may be changing. 1) Lack of response from local dealers in my area. I have two dealers within 15 min of my house. Another about 35 to 40 min away. I have spoken to sales people and even found the truck I wanted, at another dealer 200 miles away. No one will DX this truck I want in. The dealer that had the truck has contacted me but I don’t want to travel 200 miles get there and have some financing games played. Nor can I buy a vehicle on-line and have it delivered. I like to touch, see, and actually be involved when I buy a vehicle. They are not just means of transportation for me.

2). Ram has not offered really anything special to get my blood pumping in a few years. Wanted something a little different and something you don’t see several times a day. Have wanted a Harley Edition truck for years, but hesitated as I have had horrible experiences with Ford trucks in the past. Since GMC via Tuscany is producing a limited number of H-D Edition trucks this year, 250 in three colors) I decided to go for it.

Don’t get me wrong, not bashing the Ram brand, driven nothing but since 1999, just wanted something a little different. But honestly had any local dealer worked with me or even tried I would be purchasing a 2020 Limited Longhorn in Delmonico Red, loaded with 3.92 rears, 33 fuel tank, Ram Boxes, etc, etc.

If I go ahead with the GMC purchase I will let you guys know as I will truly miss this forum. It has been very informative and lifted a huge weight out of my wallet.:smoke2:

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I agree with most everything posted here. I too have been in the market for a new Ram and I get the smiles and welcome speech but no movement of prices. It's like being in another world when it comes to sales right now. I have no idea how to respond. I want to make a deal while it's still 0% but time is running out. I've already backed out of an 8 year 0% deal and that is no longer offered. Very confusing times. Someone please explain what the dealerships are thinking. We are still in a partial lock down here in Washington State so it's by appointment only. You'd think they would be locking you in the chair when you walk in. Nope. We just purchased a Honda 3 days ago for my wife and it was in and out no problems what so ever. C'mon Chrysler!

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
but I don’t want to travel 200 miles get there and have some financing games played.

Get the out-the-price in writing before going to the dealership; that way, the games played are minimal, if any.

I recently bought my truck from a dealership about 350 miles away, as I had the final price in writing. After I got there, they still tried to play some games, but I was willing to drive back home without it if they didn't honor the price. I let them know that, and they honored the deal.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Nate, have you tried Suresky CDJR in Goshen NY ? Ask for John Lussieriello John DiMarco or Victor Hayden PM me if you need any help.
John DeMarco is the man. I've bought two vehicles from him before he became a sales manager. I bought my Rebel from Tony Fumanti, great to deal with.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with most everything posted here. I too have been in the market for a new Ram and I get the smiles and welcome speech but no movement of prices. It's like being in another world when it comes to sales right now. I have no idea how to respond. I want to make a deal while it's still 0% but time is running out. I've already backed out of an 8 year 0% deal and that is no longer offered. Very confusing times. Someone please explain what the dealerships are thinking. We are still in a partial lock down here in Washington State so it's by appointment only. You'd think they would be locking you in the chair when you walk in. Nope. We just purchased a Honda 3 days ago for my wife and it was in and out no problems what so ever. C'mon Chrysler!

My only guess is that dealers are realizing the number of sales has dropped, may be dropping more, or at least staying at this new "low level".

As such, they are trying to get absolutely every dollar out of every sale. Which means no deals (other than the 0% APR "carrot on a stick"). If I were in the business, I would be doing the same!

Coupled with the fact that production isnt 100% yet (probably not even close) means they will have no new inventory coming in for a while, which technically makes their current stock "worth more". In their eyes, if there is nothing to fill the spot, there is not much incentive to drop prices to sell.

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My only guess is that dealers are realizing the number of sales has dropped, may be dropping more, or at least staying at this new "low level".

As such, they are trying to get absolutely every dollar out of every sale. Which means no deals (other than the 0% APR "carrot on a stick"). If I were in the business, I would be doing the same!

Coupled with the fact that production isnt 100% yet (probably not even close) means they will have no new inventory coming in for a while, which technically makes their current stock "worth more". In their eyes, if there is nothing to fill the spot, there is not much incentive to drop prices to sell.
The deal we backed out of was one day away from signing. They had even done some upgrades to the truck that we requested. The truck was damaged in transport and among other problems we decided to back out (we had not signed anything). I expected a phone call from them begging me to reconsider with a better offer but not one word was given. Matter of fact when we went to another dealer that truck showed up as available and this new dealer offered to "Ship it" to their dealership and work another deal out. SMH.

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I feel like an Idiot walking around with $65,000 in my hand and no takers. Oh, they'll take it but not for what I want. It's bad enough to lose thousands the second you drive off the lot but I'm not going to throw even more away by not getting the dealerships rock bottom price. There is no room in this economy for fluff.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
If you’re in or around the Dallas / Ft. Worth or surrounding area call Geoff Cannon with McKinney Dodge at (903) 267-4832.

Zero games. Zero hassles. Zero bullish!t.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The deal we backed out of was one day away from signing. They had even done some upgrades to the truck that we requested. The truck was damaged in transport and among other problems we decided to back out (we had not signed anything). I expected a phone call from them begging me to reconsider with a better offer but not one word was given. Matter of fact when we went to another dealer that truck showed up as available and this new dealer offered to "Ship it" to their dealership and work another deal out. SMH.

I bet the dealer never discloses any damage during transportation to any other interested buyer.....

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I bet the dealer never discloses any damage during transportation to any other interested buyer.....
That was the first thing I thanked them for. I was an assistant manager at a paint shop in the 80's and I can tell the difference between factory paint and cheap shop paint. The salesman said not to worry, he would send it over to the 24 hour paint shop down the road and get it fixed right up. I said NO! It's a new truck and it must be repainted with factory paint,not aftermarket garbage. This was just one of the problems that made us back out of the deal. I did not think it was a big deal because I figured the other 6 or so dealers in the state would be happy to deal with me. NOPE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye