Deleting Homelink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My mother is likely selling my step-fathers truck tomorrow and wants to delete the Homelink for her garage door opener and would like to clear out the GPS history if possible.
I know the Homelink can be cleared but can the GPS history be cleared?
How do you clear the Homelink codes?

BTW-2017 1500 Laramie Longhorn with the 8.4 touchscreen

Thanks!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Clearing Homelink codes:

Press the two outside buttons (I & III on some models) buttons simulatneously for at least 10 seconds or until the indicator light starts blinking rapidly.

As far as GPS history, clearing home is (key or button to RUN, not start) Nav>>>Where To>>>Home>>> Options>>> Clear Home

Short of doing a factory reset on the head unit I am not sure how you can delete the rest of the GPS history.

Here's how to do a soft reset:

UConnect Soft Reset

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Thanks

She got it. She is 71 so figured she would have a tough time figuring it out and I can't get there to do it but she just called and said she got it all cleared.

She said she cleared the GPS also. Said when she went in it asked her if she wanted to change or delete so she hit delete.

Step-father passed away a couple of months ago and this was his baby so she is having a tough time letting this truck go. He always got a new one every 3 years but liked this one so much he still had it almost 6 years later