Did Redline Oil work against your Hemi Tick?

Did redline kill your hemi tick?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can report that redline 5w30 has definitely made my 2016 6.4 more quite. I noticed that I was getting a start up tick in the mornings that was definitely not coming from the exhaust manifolds. Figured I would try redline again after trying it in my 2015 6.4 which didn’t seem to change anything with that truck so I went to Amsoil 0w40 and stuck with it on this truck for the first couple of oil changes. It honestly has made a big difference in start up noises and can’t believe how much more quite it runs now. It was noticeably different as soon as I started it and now have around 500 miles since changing the oil.
Not sure why it didnt seem to make a difference in the 2015 6.4 but I’m glad I gave it another try. I am running a royal purple 20-500 filter with the oil.
I still like Amsoil products and will continue use it in my transmission and differentials but I believe redline has made a world of difference in the engine.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I can report that redline 5w30 has definitely made my 2016 6.4 more quite. I noticed that I was getting a start up tick in the mornings that was definitely not coming from the exhaust manifolds. Figured I would try redline again after trying it in my 2015 6.4 which didn’t seem to change anything with that truck so I went to Amsoil 0w40 and stuck with it on this truck for the first couple of oil changes. It honestly has made a big difference in start up noises and can’t believe how much more quite it runs now. It was noticeably different as soon as I started it and now have around 500 miles since changing the oil.
Not sure why it didnt seem to make a difference in the 2015 6.4 but I’m glad I gave it another try. I am running a royal purple 20-500 filter with the oil.
I still like Amsoil products and will continue use it in my transmission and differentials but I believe redline has made a world of difference in the engine.

were you running the small OEM size oil filters in both trucks? The larger filter elements seem to help, in theory they shouldn't, but members have reported tick quieting with larger filters.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
were you running the small OEM size oil filters in both trucks? The larger filter elements seem to help, in theory they shouldn't, but members have reported tick quieting with larger filters.
No actually I was running the royal purple 20-820 in the 2015 but with the winch on the power wagon it’s a tighter fit to get up into the filter housing. It can be done but it’s just easier to get the skinner 20-500 up in there.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No actually I was running the royal purple 20-820 in the 2015 but with the winch on the power wagon it’s a tighter fit to get up into the filter housing. It can be done but it’s just easier to get the skinner 20-500 up in there.

Remote oil filter relocation kits are your friend! I just did my first oil change on my new kit, and mother of mercy I should have installed that 4 years ago when I bought the truck.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Remote oil filter relocation kits are your friend! I just did my first oil change on my new kit, and mother of mercy I should have installed that 4 years ago when I bought the truck.
On the 5.7 it probably would be worth it but on the 6.4 its pretty easy to get too. Sits up front of the engine area. I can get a bigger filter in there but its just easier to get a skinnier 20-500 past the lower fan shroud. On my 2015 I didnt have the winch mounted down there and could reach through where it sits. Not a big enough deal to try and relocate the filter in opinion. Much preferred location over the 5.7 where the oil dumps all over everything.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So far 103 votes, and this doesnt count the many people that started all of this and are long gone. This was just since 2019, nearly a decade after we all started this. So Redline at killing ticks in trucks that already have hemi tick results are in-

103 ticking trucks
61 trucks tick free
28 trucks it made a noticeable difference for the good
14 trucks redline couldnt help, some votes were spoof votes as you can see,it's the net what can we do?

And this is just since 2019, the entire reason why I did a poll was because of how many people had success with this strategy over the previous decade. Only one oil has earned the title hemi honey. Many great oil choices for hemi's, only one great choice for ticking hemi's. Glad you gave it another chance, but I guess you are on both sides of the fence as it helped one but not the other. Keep us updated, I left vote changeable if it ever fails post about it. 13 years later I still get those butter smooth starts.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mike you're being quoted on one of the facebook pages,lol.

Well was it good or bad? lol

I gave up FB a decade ago, but if I was to do that again I would look at some private groups like the transmission groups and other tech groups. It is amazing how you can access trademarked schematics and info if you can weasel your way into some of those tech groups.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well was it good or bad? lol

I gave up FB a decade ago, but if I was to do that again I would look at some private groups like the transmission groups and other tech groups. It is amazing how you can access trademarked schematics and info if you can weasel your way into some of those tech groups.
The guy who posted it,was wanting feedback on whether to believe you or not,i told him you'd done more then pretty well anybody else to find oil and filters to keep the Hemi happy,and to believe you, :waytogo:

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Animals are great, Animals are great!!!

A great man once said this... ha