DIY Bolt on/easy to do performance upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarKnockerJim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had no idea there was a “for sale” section! Thanks for letting me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its the 1st place I check! There is a wanted section too! If I ever meet the criteria to post there ya better belive I will!

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Called a local shop in my area that a buddy of mine told me about. They quoted me:
$1400 for magnaflow exhaust/cat backs
$750 for a tuner that has a screen
$400 for a AFE cold air intake

It came to about $2700 installed and everything but i just thought that was a little to much and I for sure didn’t understand the $1400 magnaflow exhaust set up

You can get a Magnaflow muffler that you can install yourself in your driveway from Moes Performance for around $300

djcrak33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Called a local shop in my area that a buddy of mine told me about. They quoted me:

It came to about $2700 installed and everything but i just thought that was a little to much and I for sure didn’t understand the $1400 magnaflow exhaust set up

Are just wanting to replace just the muffler and not the whole system?

Try these...

Magnaflo Muffler: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XQJZ3...olid=323AHZYWHRAJU&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Flow Master Muffler: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VA7Y5L...olid=323AHZYWHRAJU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't waste your money on an expensive bolt in exhaust...it will only make your truck loud.
One day...some day I will have evidence.

Our engines are pretty much high tech.
Reading around, seems like most people are getting results from a tune, even better a custom tune.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What gear ratio do you have?

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Can go cheap or expensive, depends on how you much you want to spend. There's peddle commander at like $250-300 or Chinese 9-Drive which functions about the same way and reviews say it works great for $70. Can go with good intake like s&b for $300 or a low cost alternative for $50-60 on amazon and ebay that get good reviews and are spectra cold air clones or get a drop in filter like k&n. I normally don't see a improvement with fuel cleaners, but used bottle of gumount P. E. A multi system tune up in a tank and 1/2 way through tank, felt big difference so something was dirty with 40k on truck. Custom tune like others have said, catch can, no so much for performance but will keep cleaner engine, as they say. I went with a cheaper w1 can, good quality and like $40, just had to buy 1/2 inch hose and fittings.

bigcheez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Flowmaster american thunder series exhaust is a direct replacement muffler that will wake it up and the sound is incredible for around $300. If you're going to do a cai, go with the S&B. It is absolutely the best designed and quality cai on the market. And the Pedal Commander will make it an entirely different beast

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Superchip Tuner, Does same thing as pedal commander but comes with alot more features.

OP
OP
blairwilder97

blairwilder97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What gear ratio do you have?

Honestly have no idea what my gear ratio is. I’m assuming the basic one! I’ve wanted to do different gears in my truck but everyone talks but it not being practical for everyday driving!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If your running 3:21, you should be able to move up to 3:92. It will cost dollars, but no other bolt on will wake your truck up like this will.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
wouldn't really call gears easy to do ...