DIY: Removing Bed and QuadCab to replace Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AlohaRam

AlohaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I see you found the missing body parts... ;)

Looks great! Looks like the headlights could use some polishing though!

For you Chewy :D

2lk8bwk.jpg

Making these things look like new was literally like watching paint dry... ;)

OP
OP
AlohaRam

AlohaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'd like to do some performance upgrades while I have it apart, but this is a "flipper" for me, so I am trying to keep it low-budget.

However, If I can find another QuadCab cheap enough ( with a bad engine or trans ) , I'll swap Chevy Power into it... ;)

This just might be the lucky SBC transplant recipient... :grd:

2002 Dodge Ram - $1500 (North Shore)

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'd like to do some performance upgrades while I have it apart, but this is a "flipper" for me, so I am trying to keep it low-budget.

However, If I can find another QuadCab cheap enough ( with a bad engine or trans ) , I'll swap Chevy Power into it... ;)

How did I not read this gross post earlier. Haha. Please do not disgrace this Ram with that thing.

$miley

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
ah what a wicked thread! Seeing that rolling chassis really makes me want to pull my body off and make everything all nice a pretty. Oh how I wish I had a garage/shop. Awesome work brother.

Did you spend any time on DTW back in the day. I use to talk to a bunch of islanders when I worked nights back in the day.

OP
OP
AlohaRam

AlohaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
How did I not read this gross post earlier. Haha. Please do not disgrace this Ram with that thing.

$miley

LOL ...

Well, the frame-off-project was sold today... it is time to find the next victim.

OP
OP
AlohaRam

AlohaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
ah what a wicked thread! Seeing that rolling chassis really makes me want to pull my body off and make everything all nice a pretty. Oh how I wish I had a garage/shop. Awesome work brother.

Did you spend any time on DTW back in the day. I use to talk to a bunch of islanders when I worked nights back in the day.

DTW? :shrug: ... wasn't me.

But yah, go for it..... rolling this chassis out was one of the easiest things I've done.

I'm looking forward to doing it again on another Ram :evillol:

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
do a cummins and tell me how hard it is. Plus an instructional video and pics! :D