Do ALL Rebels have a 1" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm about to become the owner of a new (to me) 2020 Ram Rebel. I've confirmed that it doesn't have the air suspension. I'm planning to add a lift. Do all Rebels have a 1" lift? If so, this will affect my lift math. I'm looking at Bilstein adjustable shocks, and if I remove the current ones, would the total lift be about 1" less than the new adjusted shocks (i.e., a 2.8" adjustment would net 1.8")? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm about to become the owner of a new (to me) 2020 Ram Rebel. I've confirmed that it doesn't have the air suspension. I'm planning to add a lift. Do all Rebels have a 1" lift? If so, this will affect my lift math. I'm looking at Bilstein adjustable shocks, and if I remove the current ones, would the total lift be about 1" less than the new adjusted shocks (i.e., a 2.8" adjustment would net 1.8")?

- OR -

If the 1" lift comes from the coil/spring, and these are is re-used in the Bilstein shocks, then would it ADD to the total adjustment, meaning a 2" adjustment would actually net 3" of lift?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
umbighouse

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks. Yes I have the build sheet and window sticker. There's no mention of air suspension but I believe the Rebels have a longer coil/spring. Is this so on all Rebels? If it is, does that add 1" of lift to snything I'd do, like the Bilstein 5100?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
To answer your original question, yes all Rebels sit one inch higher than other Ram 1500's (without ORG). The 1 inch comes from longer springs and they use different shocks. And unlike 4th gens, air suspension is an option, and not standard for 5th gen Rebels.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that 4th Gen Bighorns had the 1" ride height

that is what it is called on the Build Sheet

There are (at least) 2 options: XZMP 'Standard Ride Height' and XZNP 'Raised Ride Height', with an approximate +1” lift at all 4 corners.

, raised ride height simply means front end is raised 1 inch to clear 20 wheels

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm about to become the owner of a new (to me) 2020 Ram Rebel. I've confirmed that it doesn't have the air suspension. I'm planning to add a lift. Do all Rebels have a 1" lift? If so, this will affect my lift math. I'm looking at Bilstein adjustable shocks, and if I remove the current ones, would the total lift be about 1" less than the new adjusted shocks (i.e., a 2.8" adjustment would net 1.8")? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2020 Rebel as well. Your truck comes stock with Bilstein 4600s set at 3/4 to 1" increased ride height over other stock Rams. I say 3/4 to 1" because I've heard both, and don't know what it really is. I've heard 1" more often, but have also heard in reality it is closer to 3/4". I did not measure my stock ride height before I installed a new suspension adding more lift, so I cannot confirm Rebel's true stock ride height.

Your new Bilsteins can be set to various ride heights. If you set them to 2" your overall new ride height over other stock rams (not Rebels) will be 2", but will only be a net gain to your Rebel of 1 - 1.25". Does that make sense?

If you increase your front ride height with something like a new Bilstein setup that adds more height, and you tow or haul often, I recommend new taller springs in the rear and/or a set of helper air bags to stiffen under loads to avoid negative rake.