Does RAM Customer Care really do anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18MegaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Or are they just like the Service Advisor? There to placate you. My 2018 RAM, still under warranty, has been in the shop over three weeks now, and they can't seem to fix it. They can't give me a date when it will be ready, and all they can say is "sorry". I'm getting pretty fed up.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
In my personal experience, having attempted to use them twice for different issues (one at the dealer level and one at the corporate level), they are a complete waste of time. Utterly useless.

-K

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't hate on the people who do social outreach, they're folks doing a job not miracle workers.

In general FCA lost my business over their lack of customer satisfaction, I'm not going to be recommending or shopping Jeep or Ram because of how bad my experience was 6 years ago. But I don't put that on the customer service people - dirty stairs need to be swept from the top.

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had good luck with Ramcares. When I bought my truck I purchased the 8 year 125k maxcare warranty. The dealer only inputted it as a 48k mile warranty. I kept calling the dealer to fix it but they kept claiming there was nothing wrong. Ramcares got involved and pushed them to fix it. Took 9 months to fix Ramcares got it done in a couple weeks once they were part of it.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
@RamCares waded through the FCA bureaucracy to get the drag link replaced with the upgraded part on my 2016 2500. Took several months but the rep did not give up and kept following up with me.

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
After several letters to FCA direct about the drag link on my 17 2500, with no acknowledgement from FCA (sent certified mail), .several emails and phone calls to the dealer, also useless (but they had marching orders from FCA so not their fault) Kaitlin @RamCares finally got the ball rolling and got my replacement link for me.

Major thanks to Katilin for finally making it happen for me.

OP
OP
18MegaRam

18MegaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
In my personal experience, having attempted to use them twice for different issues (one at the dealer level and one at the corporate level), they are a complete waste of time. Utterly useless.

-K
That's been my experience so far.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chrysler care took care of us when the wifes van likes to go skitzo.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Or are they just like the Service Advisor? There to placate you. My 2018 RAM, still under warranty, has been in the shop over three weeks now, and they can't seem to fix it. They can't give me a date when it will be ready, and all they can say is "sorry". I'm getting pretty fed up.

Hello! Sorry to hear about the vehicle concerns regarding your Ram, we would like to look into this matter further on your behalf. Please send our team a private message with your vehicle's make and mileage to get started. We look forward to hearing back!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had issues with my new 17' when I got it. Ram Cares was useless. Never heard back from them after initially reaching out to them. I then went to GM of dealership I bought from for resolution.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My only experience with Ramcares saved me about $3000.00. As stated above, they kept in constant contact with me during the process.

riden2low

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ramcares has helped me in getting my navigation system repaired. Now they are helping me again on the same issue. The first time was that Ram had to order a whole new unit. The unit said I was in Texas and I live in Oregon. The waiting was less than what the dealer had told me. I believe because Ram Cares was involved. Now the new unit has gone crazy after about 6 months. Took it to the dealer and they tried to do a software upgrade. A new one has been ordered again. Ram Cares is looking into it again. Hopefully it will be taken care of soon but with the COVID thing it might be a little slower this time.

NMCajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I purchased a 2019 Ram Laramie, paid cash and also bought $5,000+ extended warranties. After getting home I realized that RAM had forgotten this was a truck. (Note: I'm a BIG Dodge fan. Traded in my 2005 2500 Diesel for this one.)
In any event, no storage under rear seats, no stake holes in bed, no 12v accessory in rear. I totally admit: MY BAD! I should had looked and not assumed this truck would be like my old truck. Called and texted RAM Corporate 4 times (like they tell you to do with a new vehicle) but never received even the professional courtesy of a return call. Other than my oversight, I love my RAM!!! But RAM Corporate Customer Care SUCKS - BIG TIME.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Interesting. I purchased a 2019 Ram Laramie, paid cash and also bought $5,000+ extended warranties. After getting home I realized that RAM had forgotten this was a truck. (Note: I'm a BIG Dodge fan. Traded in my 2005 2500 Diesel for this one.)
In any event, no storage under rear seats, no stake holes in bed, no 12v accessory in rear. I totally admit: MY BAD! I should had looked and not assumed this truck would be like my old truck. Called and texted RAM Corporate 4 times (like they tell you to do with a new vehicle) but never received even the professional courtesy of a return call. Other than my oversight, I love my RAM!!! But RAM Corporate Customer Care SUCKS - BIG TIME.
That sucks. In case you didn't know, Ram Corporate Customer Care is different than RamCares, a member on this Forum.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ramcares has helped me in getting my navigation system repaired. Now they are helping me again on the same issue. The first time was that Ram had to order a whole new unit. The unit said I was in Texas and I live in Oregon. The waiting was less than what the dealer had told me. I believe because Ram Cares was involved. Now the new unit has gone crazy after about 6 months. Took it to the dealer and they tried to do a software upgrade. A new one has been ordered again. Ram Cares is looking into it again. Hopefully it will be taken care of soon but with the COVID thing it might be a little slower this time.

The reason they fail so much is that they replace with refurbished radios not new ones. If under warranty it should be replaced with a new unit not refurbished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The reason they fail so much is that they replace with refurbished radios not new ones. If under warranty it should be replaced with a new unit not refurbished

I’d rather have a refurbished 8.4 radio. The new ones still have the old LG touch panels that delaminate. At least the refurbs have the new non melting panel lol

NMCajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks. In case you didn't know, Ram Corporate Customer Care is different than RamCares, a member on this Forum.
Thank you for the information - I was not aware of this. Please help me to understand the difference. Why would Ram Corporate not care?

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

thats not how it works though, if refurbished is available thats all that warranty will pay for, that goes for starters, alternators, and radios. It's sad but its how it works weather its new car warranty, cpo, or extended/aftermarket

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Thank you for the information - I was not aware of this. Please help me to understand the difference. Why would Ram Corporate not care?
As I understand it and in my own experience, RamCares is more of a boots on the ground (so to speak) point of contact and advocate for Ram customers, mainly (it seems) on Forums like this one. As to your second question, I can't say whether "Ram Corporate" cares or not, clearly your experience was not good.