Does these warrantys go with the truck when I sell it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a 2014 Ram Sport QC that I bought in Dec. I'm thinking of trading it in Dec 2014 for a CC. I got EVERYTHING on the truck when I bought it, and looking at the bill of sale there are some things that I don't know what they are....and if they will stay with the truck and go to the next owner or if I loose it all together.

1) 72/120000 GOLD PLAN

2) 6 YEAR TITAN

3) RATE BUY DOWN - I have no idea what this is

4) RIP TEAR BURN

5) COLLISION TRADE IN

If someone could give me a break down and if they stay with the truck...

Thanks..

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The finance manager was licking his chops when you sat down!

Kidding aside, call the place and ask them if it's transferable, most cases it is.

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you trade in the truck they are usually (99.9% sure) able to get a refund. they pro-rate them. if you sell it private party then most are transferable.

When i bought my ram they used the pro-rated amount as part of my down payment.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can't transfer it, you should be able to cancel them. They will then cut you a check for the prorated refund. I've cancelled Gap Insurance several times when trading in. If you know you are trading, cancel them now. Next time, don't sign anything unless you read all fine print. I've had a dealer sneak in some theft etching on the glass (~$300). I complained and got free accessories out of them.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not sure on the additional warranties, but I know starting in 2010 the factory warranties transfer over. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy anything before 2010. I wanted some factory warranty, then I bought a little extra bumper to bumper.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
If you can't transfer it, you should be able to cancel them. They will then cut you a check for the prorated refund. I've cancelled Gap Insurance several times when trading in. If you know you are trading, cancel them now. Next time, don't sign anything unless you read all fine print. I've had a dealer sneak in some theft etching on the glass (~$300). I complained and got free accessories out of them.

Agree. If you KNOW your getting rid of it, go back to dealer, talk to finance manager, tell them you want to cancel all extended warranty. They will have you fill out forms, and they will send it. Takes about 90 days...but the refundable amount will go to teh bank towards payoff, unless you paid cash.
Will lower your total amount financed on your truck.

Did the same on wifes new car, bought warranty, now she doesnt plan on keeping it past 5 years, so we cancelled extended warranty.

KEEP COPIES and notate date you filled out paper work...and follow up. They hate giving that bonus back.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Interesting. I bought the lifetime warranty with my 2012 Sport. Had to pay the full $3,100 for it since FL does not allow dealers to discount it. At the time I thought I would have this truck until the wheels fell off and wanted the extra coverage, but lately I'm thinking I may only keep it a few more years. I'm still within the 3/36 factory warranty so if I decided to cancel the extended lifetime warranty right now shouldn't I get a full refund as it has not yet taken effect?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Depends, they may pro-rate it, so get in as soon as you can...get most of that back.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I'm not sure on the additional warranties, but I know starting in 2010 the factory warranties transfer over. That was one of the reasons I didn't buy anything before 2010. I wanted some factory warranty, then I bought a little extra bumper to bumper.

Rhe 09s have a lifetime warranty... Wish I could have bought mine new..

OP
OP
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The finance manager was licking his chops when you sat down!

Thanks for everyone's comments.
And you are right about licking his chops, I was told the bank would only finance it if I had the extra warranties put on it. He called it a safety net for the bank. But in hindsight with the run around for the dent that was in my truck, and no compensation for the dent except a cheap box liner...sorry didn't mean to start ranting, bottom line they seen me coming.

The only one I see that is worth the money is the Titan warrant, I was told it's a bumper to bumper for 6 year, it covers.

dings
scratched
chipped windshields
ripped seats
burn hole
rims
etc.etc.etc
so I'm told...
Oh with no limit...

Big Tool

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. I bought the lifetime warranty with my 2012 Sport. Had to pay the full $3,100 for it since FL does not allow dealers to discount it. At the time I thought I would have this truck until the wheels fell off and wanted the extra coverage, but lately I'm thinking I may only keep it a few more years. I'm still within the 3/36 factory warranty so if I decided to cancel the extended lifetime warranty right now shouldn't I get a full refund as it has not yet taken effect?

I believe Florida is one of the few states that mandates that the Lifetime Warranty be transferrable.

I'd confirm and if so I'd definitely keep it. Would definitely make the truck more appealing to buyers that plan on keeping it long term.

The lifetime warranty can only be purchased when new, so not many comparable used trucks will be offering it.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im wondering if you are talking about the same lifetime warranty.

the one that someone purchases extra should be transferable.

however back in like 06-09 chrysler gave a lifetime on powertrain that is not transferable that one is for the first purchaser only.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't buy again from that dealer. They scam with the worst. I've never heard of bank requiring such a warranty. A new vehicle already has a 5/100K warranty on the powertrain.