Don’t trade in your Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's a sport. The rest of the truck looks good including the front end plastic parts. Not even that many chips on the plastic bumper. Factory paint. They sand the roads out here in the winter so chips are unavoidable. I see lots of rusted out everything, but nothing that extreme that fast. Seems like every small chip led to a large flake of paint coming off. Finding a rusted out 4th is easy. They've been around since 2009.
That's a Rebel bumper, not a Sport (whatever that is LOL). The skid plate is separate from the bumper, and as far as I know only the Rebel has that. The Sport is a Canadian model, and I don't know anything about it. Is the skid plate separate from the bumper like the Rebel? The shape of the bumper below the fog light is also different on the Rebel. The fog light shape is even different. Compare that to my Limited bumper, which is the same on all models except the Rebel.

Front left bumper area.jpg

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's a Rebel bumper, not a Sport (whatever that is LOL). The skid plate is separate from the bumper, and as far as I know only the Rebel has that. The Sport is a Canadian model, and I don't know anything about it. Is the skid plate separate from the bumper like the Rebel? The shape of the bumper below the fog light is also different on the Rebel. The fog light shape is even different. Compare that to my Limited bumper, which is the same on all models except the Rebel.

View attachment 463545
On this one it's a separate piece. The bumper skin is plastic, but that lower section is painted steel. Not sure if they've changed anything on the latest models as his is a 2019

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, but it's not a Sport unless they swapped out the bumper. That's definitely a Rebel bumper. Too many indicators. And if they swapped in a Rebel bumper they repainted it. It's also wearing stock Rebel Goodyear tires...

2020 Reebel front end.png2020 Sport front end.PNG

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You are correct. It is a Rebel

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Definitely looks like a Canadian sport to me, maybe I'm blind; but that bottom picture has a Canadian flag in it, and body color bumpers + mirror caps + that grill = Canadian Sport model.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely looks like a Canadian sport to me, maybe I'm blind; but that bottom picture has a Canadian flag in it, and body color bumpers + mirror caps + that grill = Canadian Sport model.

Bottom picture is a Canadian sport, he was showing that to show the difference between that and the bumper in question that was posted earlier. At least that's what it looked like to me, you can see some differences where Mike noted them.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Bottom picture is a Canadian sport, he was showing that to show the difference between that and the bumper in question that was posted earlier. At least that's what it looked like to me, you can see some differences where Mike noted them.
Yes, Joe is right. I was trying to show some of the differences between the two. Bottom picture is a Sport model. I purposely included the Canadian flag. Guess I could have labeled them or something LOL.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Was looking to take advantage of the trade in values. Went to both a Ford and GMC dealership to trade in my Ram. Thought I would buy something different with more bells and whistles. Well, I changed my mind real quick once I test drove the Sierra 1500 and the F150. Both are nice trucks but with one common flaw, each truck has a foot rest for the drivers left leg. Which means you can’t stretch out your legs. I’m 6-1 , not very big or heavy and I just couldn’t get comfortable. I tried moving the seats in both vehicles to what seemed to be 100 different positions to see if I could find something that worked. Well , didn’t buy either and just decided to keep the Ram, and when this one wears out I’ll buy another .

Just what does Ford and GM have in the line of "more bells and whistles" that a Ram Limited doesn't?

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
GM's don't even come with sunglasses holders or movable pedals or panoramic sunroofs or air suspension. Don't know about Ford, because its Ford and I just don't want one.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know the Ford has the option of built in generator, seats that fold all the way flat for sleeping, massaging seats and the centre console work surface is pretty cool.

OP
OP
Bamacommander

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Big Horn, it has some stuff but isn’t really loaded up. I was looking at a GMC Denali or SLT, which when compared to my Big Horn had more options. So that’s what I meant regarding the bells and whistles.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When I bought my '09 Silverado LTZ I thought I was really splurging since it was top of the trim package.
That replaced an '03 Ram SLT.
Was I ever disappointed. The SLT Ram was quieter, had a better sounding sound system than the Chevy Bose, and had a tighter body.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ford has one big advantage, they look like a truck should look. I always hate it when a new ford parks next to me, makes my Power Wagon look so pathetic. I swear they do it on purpose just to torment me.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ford has one big advantage, they look like a truck should look. I always hate it when a new ford parks next to me, makes my Power Wagon look so pathetic. I swear they do it on purpose just to torment me.
Not sure I agree with this statement in the least. Definitely subjective I guess LOL.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Catching the tail end of this thread, but Ill hopefully be trading in my '17 Laramie 4x4 tomorrow.
I still owe $18k, they are offering me $36k, and I only financed it for $30k two years ago. Ill actually MAKE MONEY right now by trading it in.
Granted, I have thrown some money at it, adding stuff... I think its crazy not to for a 2020 Laramie 4x4.

Would you trade? Heres both trucks. They want $52k for the new one, but with $18k to put to that im only financing $34k.

1625275896663.png

VJqVDuf.jpg

OP
OP
Bamacommander

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That 2020 looks really nice. The new body style Ram is a very nice and solid truck. The interior layout is well done and Ram has the best riding truck out there. I would be tempted, but then again your going to have to make the payments, so I am always cautious about telling anyone they should buy something. Good luck with what ever you decide, there is no wrong answer .

Last edited: