dR Custom Caliper Covers (by mgp)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't blame yeah. When I 1st saw that scuff I was like "oh hell no!".....then I remembered what you paid for them and then I said something like "oh no ******* way!". I would demand something comped back to you or make them send you a new set without the mistakes. I do think they are waaaaaay overpriced which is why I don't have a set yet.

Exactly!

I opened the box and I was like, "ok so they got the finish wrong, still looks nice" and a little later "hmmm, not the best quality..." and then it hit me "I PAID $319 FOR THESE AND THEY'RE ****** AND ****** UP!!!"

:roflsquared:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Attachments

• IMG_20150509_182748.jpg
    IMG_20150509_182748.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20150509_182532.jpg
    IMG_20150509_182532.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20150509_162238_989.jpg
    IMG_20150509_162238_989.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20150509_162144_692.jpg
    IMG_20150509_162144_692.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 36

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good DR! Sucks they effed them up. I might be able to live with it for a half price discount or something haha

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Look awesome.

I ordered a set of MGP's Friday, $199.99 free shipping from AutoAnything. I got an email this morning from AutoPartsWarehouse with a discount code for $179.10. So I went to AutoAnythings chat line and told the guy about AutoPartsWarehouse's price and AutoAnything is crediting my account $21.89, final cost shipped to my door $178.10. :head3:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
That sucks David, that's a lot of cash for those. Like I said I bought the ram and ram head for like 179 and been very happy with them. On for over a year and look much better than stock. Hope they rectify the problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks David, that's a lot of cash for those. Like I said I bought the ram and ram head for like 179 and been very happy with them. On for over a year and look much better than stock. Hope they rectify the problem.

Thanks Hipps... I am trying not to be a cry baby about it, lol! :baby:

I sent them an email and pics and told them I want $100 and I'll keep them "as is" or I'll return them for a full refund. We'll see how it works out.

They do look VERY nice on the truck!:naughty:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sorry to see them messed up David, mine turned out awesome. maybe they will send a replacement for the bad one?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gotta say they look stunning on the truck, with that said no way I would let them hustle me out of $319 for something that's not close to perfect when so many people have had positive reviews on the less expensive ones.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Thanks Hipps... I am trying not to be a cry baby about it, lol! :baby:

I sent them an email and pics and told them I want $100 and I'll keep them "as is" or I'll return them for a full refund. We'll see how it works out.

They do look VERY nice on the truck!:naughty:

You I know your positive patty all the time.. But it's ok to ***** sometimes.
No need to hold it in all the time. The world is not full of daisy's and butterflys. :roflsquared::):roflsquared::)

$300 for some fake brake calipers. I would be pretty pissed off too...

Hope they treat you right. Wish I could by some blank ones and have my friend powdercoat them for me.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sucks about the finish, but you did do a good job on the design and color combo. They look pretty good with your wheels. Even if they were perfectly finished, I'm still thinking they are way over-priced. But, I'm a cheap ******* when it comes to buying cosmetic parts. It's just hard to shell out that kind of money, for me. I don't mind paying for quality products, but this makes me really skeptical of the company. Interested to see what they do for you.

Mr Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's weird because mine were flawless and I had zero issues with the finish or materials used. Granted this was 5 years ago so maybe something has changed in their QA. That's sucks though and I'd be pissed too.

I'd keep calling them until they have no choice but to listen. Also don't be afraid to tell them that you belong to a numerous amount of automotive forums and your reviews could be read by millions.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They look really good on the truck! Thinking I may need some to help liven up the white Sport. At least you have a product to complain about. I shelled out $161 to Graphic Express and got crap. Seller blames everyone but his bad cut. Hope you catch a break on the price!

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Curious, where did you get them for that price? IQUOTE]

Super sale at Auto Anything:

MGP Brake Caliper Covers

Color/Style
Red/Ram Logo Type Front - Ram Head Logo Rear

Vehicle
2014 Dodge Ram

Submodel

AutoAnything SKU

Part Number
55001SRMHRD

$144.49
This item has been shipped via FEDEX Home Delivery. Track your Order:

Return Item

$144.49

Purchased on 12/14/14 (I bought my 14 on 12/13/14)

:)

Last edited:

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious, where did you get them for that price? IQUOTE]

Super sale at Auto Anything:

MGP Brake Caliper Covers

Color/Style
Red/Ram Logo Type Front - Ram Head Logo Rear

Vehicle
2014 Dodge Ram

Submodel

AutoAnything SKU

Part Number
55001SRMHRD

$144.49
This item has been shipped via FEDEX Home Delivery. Track your Order:

Return Item

$144.49

Purchased on 12/14/14 (I bought my 14 on 12/13/14)

:)

Nice. I would buy them for that price.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They seem to be on the list of vendors who the discount coupons do not apply too!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man... did you hear back from them?

Thanks man! Not yet. I'll bug them tomorrow.

You I know your positive patty all the time.. But it's ok to ***** sometimes.
No need to hold it in all the time. The world is not full of daisy's and butterflys. :roflsquared::):roflsquared::)

$300 for some fake brake calipers. I would be pretty pissed off too...

Hope they treat you right. Wish I could by some blank ones and have my friend powdercoat them for me.

It's not that I am that positive all the time, it's just that I don't let little things get to me... and caliper covers are not the end of the world, lol! :baby:

Sucks about the finish, but you did do a good job on the design and color combo. They look pretty good with your wheels. Even if they were perfectly finished, I'm still thinking they are way over-priced. But, I'm a cheap ******* when it comes to buying cosmetic parts. It's just hard to shell out that kind of money, for me. I don't mind paying for quality products, but this makes me really skeptical of the company. Interested to see what they do for you.

Thanks man! I like paying more for quality, in this case I just paid more, lol!

That's weird because mine were flawless and I had zero issues with the finish or materials used. Granted this was 5 years ago so maybe something has changed in their QA. That's sucks though and I'd be pissed too.

I'd keep calling them until they have no choice but to listen. Also don't be afraid to tell them that you belong to a numerous amount of automotive forums and your reviews could be read by millions.

That's a great point, thanks! I will let them know about the forums I am on. I bought these through CARiD who happens to be a vendor on here too. They are the ones I am talking to about this issue.

They look really good on the truck! Thinking I may need some to help liven up the white Sport. At least you have a product to complain about. I shelled out $161 to Graphic Express and got crap. Seller blames everyone but his bad cut. Hope you catch a break on the price!

Thanks man! I did read somewhere about your Graphic Express issue, sorry about that...
Btw, I would love to see white caliper covers with black or red print on a white truck, that would look great!

They seem to be on the list of vendors who the discount coupons do not apply too!

I couldn't find any coupon codes or sales that applied to the covers when I looked. The AutoAnthing sale excluded mgp, iirc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to see them messed up David, mine turned out awesome. maybe they will send a replacement for the bad one?

Thanks! At this point I would rather take a discount on them and move on. You have to look closely to realize the black isn't flat black the way I ordered it. For that matter, my wheels have to be rotated to the gap to even be able to see the logo, lol!

I gotta say they look stunning on the truck, with that said no way I would let them hustle me out of $319 for something that's not close to perfect when so many people have had positive reviews on the less expensive ones.

Thanks bro! The price was a little steep and had they come in as order I would have been fine with the price. Oh well, let's see how they handle it.
I try to rate a company, not by the mistake they made, but rather by how they fix the mistake...

Last edited: