Drag Link Recall ... Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Reimbursement for me was denied even after showing others receipts for payment by them. Went through Ram Care Rep 3 times. I don't believe they are at all doing this anymore. Welding was totally unacceptable.

Rickg880

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Got my Synergy drag link installed this morning at my tire shop. Cost $60 so no big deal. Really can't "feel" any difference yet since I only drove it a couple miles but nice having the peace of mind that it's fixed and done right.

jaflowers

4wheelparts wants $200 with an alignment!

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
FCA also denied my reimbursement even with receipts for the part and labor.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
jaflowers

4wheelparts wants $200 with an alignment!
Wow.....what a ripoff. Took my tire shop about 30 minutes to install and 30 minutes to align the wheel. Then took it to Firestone for the alignment since I have lifetime alignments with them.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Wow.....what a ripoff. Took my tire shop about 30 minutes to install and 30 minutes to align the wheel. Then took it to Firestone for the alignment since I have lifetime alignments with them.
Lol an alignment is about $100 and I’d think pretty much any shop would be right at $100 for Install. I looked into the lifetime alignment and they told me it don’t cover any replaced parts. So if I replaced something I’d have to pay for alignment anyways. I thought that was weird so I walked out lol.

LorenJay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Is this being corrected? From what I've read the bulletin says there isn't a fix yet. But I've also read that the torque values will be checked and if OK they will weld the nuts on?

Any info? At least with this video you can mark the nuts and check to see if they are moving.

The repair is shoddy at best and what they fail to tell you is that with the welding done on the drag link, no reputable dealership can or will center the steering wheel if your truck needs an alignment thus causing you to drive around with an uncentered wheel which in itself causes increased driver fatigue and possible oversteering in an emergency.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The repair is shoddy at best and what they fail to tell you is that with the welding done on the drag link, no reputable dealership can or will center the steering wheel if your truck needs an alignment thus causing you to drive around with an uncentered wheel which in itself causes increased driver fatigue and possible oversteering in an emergency.

You sound like one of those guys that lawyers like to work for lol.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
You sound like one of those guys that lawyers like to work for lol.
This topic has been beat to death lol. And here I am still just checking mine every so often. No welds for me just a simple line across the link :biggun:

Snyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just had an online chat with FCA and got stonewalled. They say their engineers approved the weldjob and it is approved National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). I asked about alignment, etc. She said any dealer can do it... right. Anyway, I called my dealer and the said they do an alignment, do the weldjob and that for future alignments I'd have to pay to get it "unwelded and rewelded". I told this to FCA. Didn't get far. She said she'd pass my complaint on to the internal team. Whatever that means.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I just had an online chat with FCA and got stonewalled. They say their engineers approved the weldjob and it is approved National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). I asked about alignment, etc. She said any dealer can do it... right. Anyway, I called my dealer and the said they do an alignment, do the weldjob and that for future alignments I'd have to pay to get it "unwelded and rewelded". I told this to FCA. Didn't get far. She said she'd pass my complaint on to the internal team. Whatever that means.

Means I'm glad I went ahead and installed an aftermarket alternative instead of waiting for FCA to fix it correctly.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

Well said!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

That is absolutely **** POOR on FCAs part. If this indeed is what they consider their permanent fix this may very well be my first and last brane new purchased FCA product. I'm thinking about looking at durangos....but this really gives me pause.

All of the big 3 oems just plain suck when it comes to warranty service after the sale, but this takes the cake.

Your going to loose some of us over this $200 part, doing the repair the right way. FCA....I hope your listening!

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just bought a synergy after seeing the **** poor weld job my dealer did. This needs to be a law suit. If they think welding something is the fix when this is a service able part is just a bad business idea.