Drag Link Recall ... Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Recall information; had this done last week. Drag Link V06 recall!

Man what a total s**t job! Sorry to see that. I could have done better when I was 15 yrs old. Didn't even take the time to clean it and paint the welded area.

This continues to be one of the poorest handled recalls/issues I've ever seen, period.

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I just bought a synergy after seeing the **** poor weld job my dealer did. This needs to be a law suit. If they think welding something is the fix when this is a service able part is just a bad business idea.

I'm one of the least litigious people out there....but on this issue I must agree. It's sad when your forced to consider sueing to force an entity to do the right thing, when the right thing to do is very obvious.

Our trucks were sold to us with an adjustable drag link and any recalls done should return the trucks to at least the same condition it was pre-recall and not worse.

Why would anyone accept a welded/altered steering component from a major automaker/oem that now does not function as originally designed?

We shouldn't! It's just plain wrong.

BLUEDERANGO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
After viewing the photo posted above I must agree with others that this is getting plain stupid.. If someone did that to my truck they would be replacing the entire drag link. My dealership keeps wanting to do the "recall" but I told them until they have a replacement part not to touch mine in anyway or form. FCA has definitely dropped the ball on this and I can only wonder how long it's going to take for them to wake up. I have checked the torque on mine on several occasions and have never found it to be even remotely loose,,,

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Here’s the **** job the dealer did on my dads truck, not even gonna consider them doing this on my truck, absolutely ******* ********
290d1795ae83c80b7ecdc859827de37a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Yeah looks pretty sloppy. My sons was already done when he bought his but it was at least a clean weld and they painted over it. Mine hasn't been done and I don't plan on letting them do it. My son's is the same as mine (2018 2500)

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah looks pretty sloppy. My sons was already done when he bought his but it was at least a clean weld and they painted over it. Mine hasn't been done and I don't plan on letting them do it. My son's is the same as mine (2018 2500)

That’s my fathers 2018 3500 laramine, only has 2200 miles on it (yes it’s gonna be 2 years old with only 2200 miles, he bought it, and a month lather went out of work sick, and shortly after found out he has cancer) I know once he sees it, he’s gonna flip, I’m gonna get some spray paint and “touch it up” as this 2cent fix is ******** on his $70k truck

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
ugh. horrible about your father but i have had a few family members beat cancer so hopefully he does the same.

I bought my 2018 2500 with 8000 miles on it from a used car dealer. My son got his from the same dealer with 6000 miles on his. Mine wasn't fixed but when he bought his he left a few days later to drive to North Dakota 1500 miles away so I went to show him the drag link to tell him to check it and it was already welded.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I must have gotten lucky that the dealer I bought my 2017 from had not done the recall before I got it. Maybe some day they will have the parts to do an actual fix instead of this crap. Till then I'll keep checking those nuts and if it ever does loosen I will use Loc-tite.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Here’s the **** job the dealer did on my dads truck, not even gonna consider them doing this on my truck, absolutely ******* ********
290d1795ae83c80b7ecdc859827de37a.jpg

What in the absolute f*ck is that! I can't believe they considered that an acceptable fix!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Seriously that is the fix? Red thread locker and call it a day not some lousy welds.
Yes, I’m certain that with ALL the ideas that they tried to come up with for this recall, thread lock has never crossed their minds as a fix...
If people knew what the actual issue is, and how the jam nuts work with the adjuster as a whole, they would know why loctite won’t fix this.

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow that's terrible. Of course my dealer didn't even tell me about the recall the two previous times I was there. I know its my responsibility but when the recall came out, I just missed it. It wasn't until I happen to take it to another dealer before they fixed it. They even questioned the other dealership as to how can not do a search to see if they are done.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that's terrible. Of course my dealer didn't even tell me about the recall the two previous times I was there. I know its my responsibility but when the recall came out, I just missed it. It wasn't until I happen to take it to another dealer before they fixed it. They even questioned the other dealership as to how can not do a search to see if they are done.

Its not your responsibility for them to check for recalls when the truck is already there. A good service department should be doing it without a customer asking (especially a recall which concerns safety such as this one)

My service manager walks out with a list of updates for my truck before applying any and asks me which (if any) I approve. He knows Im neurotic about my vehicles and is never surprised when I say "it isn't broken, don't fix it"

OzarksRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its not your responsibility for them to check for recalls when the truck is already there. A good service department should be doing it without a customer asking (especially a recall which concerns safety such as this one)

My service manager walks out with a list of updates for my truck before applying any and asks me which (if any) I approve. He knows Im neurotic about my vehicles and is never surprised when I say "it isn't broken, don't fix it"

Yeah I wish mine would have done that. I also had my tranny solenoid replaced the same day. I had taken to the dealership before that complaining of transmissions issues and they still didn't check for the solenoid recall. :rolleyes:

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Yes, I’m certain that with ALL the ideas that they tried to come up with for this recall, thread lock has never crossed their minds as a fix...
If people knew what the actual issue is, and how the jam nuts work with the adjuster as a whole, they would know why loctite won’t fix this.
Tell us why Loc-tite will not work.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Yes, unfortunately there is a lot of incorrect info about this recall. Also unfortunately, I think Ram itself is responsible for some of that wrong info. After reading all I could about this recall, as I understood it the welding was a temporary fix for any drag link that failed inspection by a dealer. That then a permanent solution would at a later date become available. Many took the welding fix as a permanent fix. Here is where I think Ram dropped the ball and should have been more transparent on just what was to happen.

This lead many (including myself) to seek and install an aftermarket fix not wanting to wait, or deal with a dealer, and taking pot luck on how good a welding job was going to be. The most favored aftermarket part apparently is the Synergy Drag Link. I bought and installed this myself as well. Its well made and solved the problem. I pasted pics below of the part on my 2017 Ram 2500.

I also pasted below a short youtube video showing the NEW part Ram will apparently be implementing as the part to be used as the permanent fix. If you look closely at the part (especially the adjustment sleeve/nut) you will notice an uncanny resemblance of the new Ram drag link to the Synergy one. ( the new Ram drag link in the video is the one with a dull black finish and is directly above the track bar which is gloss black with an orange sticker on it).

431853[/ATTACH]']N74SwtRl.jpg

431855[/ATTACH]']RARuCjSl.jpg

Attachments

• N74SwtRl.jpg
    N74SwtRl.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • RARuCjSl.jpg
    RARuCjSl.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: