Drag Link V06 Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
So normally I dont like to complain about stuff but certain situations require it. Before this recall came out I noticed my steering wheel was off center so I immediately checked the drag link. Low and behold you could have turned those two nuts with your hands that's how loose they were from the factory. Now mind you at that point I didn't even know about the recall why because I was never sent anything on it. I found out about it on here from the great members on this site. So I called fca and dealers only to here about there bandaid fix. The best part is when I originally called fca then I finally got the thing in the mail and on the phone they make sure to ask are you aware of the recall to take liability OFF OF THEM. Now normally I dont worry about recalls but the thought of total steering lose is insane and mine was loose. Now the 2019s have the new part. So i called and opened up a case to try and get the new part instead of the welding bulls**t. I thought Stacey at Ramcares or FCA would understand who handled my case that a customer who spends 50k plus on a truck should have a new part like the 2019s. No they could care less instead they are rude as s**t and say we cant do anything but we will document it. Yep document it I hope it never comes loose and I dont hit a f**king tree. So explain to me how other members on powerwagonregistry.com had some dealers install the new 2019 part or hell I even saw a post were FCA paid for a new Synergy drag link reumbursement. Amazing how in today's world you buy a 2018 truck for 50k plus and a company like FCA cant spare a couple hundred if that for a new part to make customers safe. I tell you what I never had this many recalls for my Raptor nor did I ever have it in the shop at over 100k on my 6.2. This truck what 9 recalls, a bad head gasket and this bulls**t at 24k miles what a joke. I spent my money on a brand I thought cared about its customers only to be talked to like s**t. I got news for you FCA when you work hard for your money serving in combat and get treated like this just know I am switching back to Ford. Oh the best part one alignment shop wont touch my truck cause they said if its welded for RAMS safety recall they want zero liability cutting the welds off to center the wheel. Great FCA you make more money forcing people to go to a dealer for an alignment how is that legal and right ????? Rant over

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I got the same run around with ramcares on here via p.m. Same BS excuse twice in a row, pretty disgusting they aren't fixing it properly the first time. Doing a half assed hack fix and then turning around and giving BS robo responses. And no crap an alignment can be done but if my drag link needs adjusting after said alignment those welds gotta be cut and at some point that would come outta my pocket. It's pretty sad they are d!cking the dog so to speak on this fix when consumers are dropping 50k plus on a new truck and they won't even replace a part.

597298b05042184a612963d530911821.png

97943ef78540d8232189627b6a490416.png4c5ad9387daee98bb38bacd6644b88c5.png235cde2289cc8d386e76c598657f6bc0.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
I got the same run around with ramcares on here via p.m. Same BS excuse twice in a row, pretty disgusting they aren't fixing it properly the first time. Doing a half assed hack fix and then turning around and giving BS robo responses. And no crap an alignment can be done but if my drag link needs adjusting after said alignment those welds gotta be cut and at some point that would come outta my pocket. It's pretty sad they are d!cking the dog so to speak on this fix when consumers are dropping 50k plus on a new truck and they won't even replace a part.

597298b05042184a612963d530911821.png

97943ef78540d8232189627b6a490416.png4c5ad9387daee98bb38bacd6644b88c5.png235cde2289cc8d386e76c598657f6bc0.png
Wow you actually bought the part and they turned you down saying the recall doesn't call for a new part what a bunch of BS. Not only did I get about the same response as you. There is a new part if the threads are jacked up which I will post and it's off of FCA's paperwork on the recall they give to the dealers/mechanics. I would be so mad if I shelled out money for that part and they were like oh nope doesn't call for a redisigned part lol jesus. Anyways the 19s, 20s have the new SAFE part but FCA's TO CHEAP to do the right thing. I am expecting a call from a supervisor tomorrow and I refuse to let this go now after hearing yours to. They want to put everyone's life at risk and my family's fine I will call everyday or time to get an attorney. In my pics below you can see a new part and one of my conversations.
Screenshot_20191230-210047_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20191230-210116_Drive.jpg

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
A lot of guys have been getting the reimbursement for the part but I'm not sure about the install. I just think it's pure BS that if you buy a Mopar certified part they will not install it under the recall

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First, thank you for your service! God bless you.

Second, I feel you on the recall. I think the fix is BS also

Third, stinks you had a bad experience with RAM Cares. I had a totally different experience when two service departments had my truck for over 60 days. Wish you had a better experience.

Forth, FCA is a public company. First order of business is the shareholder, not the customer. I understand them not reimbursing everyone of the 800,000 vehicles they recalled because of this problem. I’m not saying I agree with it but I understand it from a business prospective. I spent the $300 and got the synergy bar and moved on. Its not right that I had to do that but I did it for piece of mind.

hope you have better luck in the future. Stay safe.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
A lot of guys have been getting the reimbursement for the part but I'm not sure about the install. I just think it's pure BS that if you buy a Mopar certified part they will not install it under the recall

I may have to check that out. I wonder if anyone has the part number for the new drag link. If not I think it's on that paper I have about the repair procedure. It just sucks they seem to not care and are making everyone shell out more money.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Here's the part #68338342AB

I ordered mine from Mopar parts giant, alot of place have them though.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
First, thank you for your service! God bless you.

Second, I feel you on the recall. I think the fix is BS also

Third, stinks you had a bad experience with RAM Cares. I had a totally different experience when two service departments had my truck for over 60 days. Wish you had a better experience.

Forth, FCA is a public company. First order of business is the shareholder, not the customer. I understand them not reimbursing everyone of the 800,000 vehicles they recalled because of this problem. I’m not saying I agree with it but I understand it from a business prospective. I spent the $300 and got the synergy bar and moved on. Its not right that I had to do that but I did it for piece of mind.

hope you have better luck in the future. Stay safe.
Thanks. Yeah I also agree with what your saying but man the safety aspect of things. There are kids peoples wives that drive these trucks. I feel like a new drag link wouldn't cost them a ton even if they said they would do it over the course of two years or something. I get what your saying we are at the bottom of the pole. I got a call tomorrow with a supervisor and I told them I am willing to do something like pay for labor etc. So we shall see how it goes my hopes aren't high. Ramcares was great with getting my new head gasket at twenty something thousand miles lol. Guess I am just tired of recalls, head gasket wore me out then this just over it and it's a shame cause I love the truck and its ability.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
Here's the part #68338342AB

I ordered mine from Mopar parts giant, alot of place have them though.

This is off the spec sheet for a different drag link if STAR was to get involved. This part I think has the clamp on it.
Screenshot_20191230-223743_Drive.jpg

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
This is the one I got, I used the same part number as a few guys on a wagon page on facebook pretty sure @IRSmart used this # for his.

It does not come with new nuts though, they gotta be ordered seperatly 9a8cafbf66b23e3e930d8df68270bdd9.jpgb9c5af6292c62fab11f40030cd8d56bd.jpge431003d448ddb67db77de1ffe562c41.jpgefaea137a8f803ce7333c78cd46f5c9d.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This is the one I got, I used the same part number as a few guys on a wagon page on facebook pretty sure @IRSmart used this # for his.

It does not come with new nuts though, they gotta be ordered seperatly 9a8cafbf66b23e3e930d8df68270bdd9.jpgb9c5af6292c62fab11f40030cd8d56bd.jpge431003d448ddb67db77de1ffe562c41.jpgefaea137a8f803ce7333c78cd46f5c9d.jpg

Correct. DO NOT order the part number in the recall. That means you’re ordering from the pool of people in line for the recall. Order the part number stamped right on the drag link itself. That bypasses the recall part number and you get it faster (and cheaper).

Edit: oh, and I just installed the part myself. Having my service department do it was never an option. Even being the manager of the store got me no preferential treatment. I’ve had service tickets open for months before I got any work done. I wouldn’t be surprised if my RO for the drag link recall is STILL open. I just did it myself, took me maybe an hour. The assembly wouldn’t come loose on the pitman arm side and took forever to get off. I wound up having to put the puller on the nut, tighten it down until it started to bend, then turn the wheel left and right. I heard a loud BANG! and looked under the truck. Low and behold, the assembly had come loose lol

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just a heads up. ive heard some people have had luck getting reimbursed for the synergy part. what ever you do, dont go in and get the nuts welded. ive chosen to pursue the synergy path. mine is supposed to show up any day and then ill forward the receipt to fca and see what happens. worst case they deny it and i move on without losing a wink of sleep. ive seen them on ebay for 300 with free shipping and i think you can call synergy directly and get it for that same price. the oem parts diagrams ive looked at showed the updated factory draglink to be over 600 dollars. must have gold dust sprinkled on it

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
just a heads up. ive heard some people have had luck getting reimbursed for the synergy part. what ever you do, dont go in and get the nuts welded. ive chosen to pursue the synergy path. mine is supposed to show up any day and then ill forward the receipt to fca and see what happens. worst case they deny it and i move on without losing a wink of sleep. ive seen them on ebay for 300 with free shipping and i think you can call synergy directly and get it for that same price. the oem parts diagrams ive looked at showed the updated factory draglink to be over 600 dollars. must have gold dust sprinkled on it
Not even close. I think I paid $125 or roundabouts for the OEM drag link.

Edit: I just looked up my email where I submitted for reimbursement. $132 plus tax.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M

Man that's way better than the one on there now. Do you have the part number for the nuts or is it the same on my paper above.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
Correct. DO NOT order the part number in the recall. That means you’re ordering from the pool of people in line for the recall. Order the part number stamped right on the drag link itself. That bypasses the recall part number and you get it faster (and cheaper).

Edit: oh, and I just installed the part myself. Having my service department do it was never an option. Even being the manager of the store got me no preferential treatment. I’ve had service tickets open for months before I got any work done. I wouldn’t be surprised if my RO for the drag link recall is STILL open. I just did it myself, took me maybe an hour. The assembly wouldn’t come loose on the pitman arm side and took forever to get off. I wound up having to put the puller on the nut, tighten it down until it started to bend, then turn the wheel left and right. I heard a loud BANG! and looked under the truck. Low and behold, the assembly had come loose lol
That's crazy is that the new one on the 19s and so on? Also I wonder how many failures the original ones have had?

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
Yeah they tried to tell me no one has had reimbursement for Synergy period. I said on the phone I beg to differ I have seen it lol.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Yeah I paid like $130 shipped for mine. I was gonna go synergy but figured I may have a better shot at getting $130 reimbursed than $300 even though alot of guys are getting the synergy part covered.

The part number for the nuts is 6505623AA, forewarned though they are like $2.50 for a single nut. Might be able to find a M14 x 1. 5 grade 8 nylon locknut somewhere else cheaper or just reuse the old ones

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I lot of guys "were" getting them reimbursed 6 months ago (give or take). After it caught on and more and more people started doing it FCA stopped paying for it so if you try it now you Will get turned down. That door has closed.

With that said, the NHTSA has re-opened the case on this and has asked FCA to go back and look at the fix. Whether it will go anywhere who knows but the is hope. I have not had mine done as I refuse to have them weld a adjustable link. I do check it to make sure it is tight now and then.

https://leftlanenews.com/ram/fca-faces-investigation-into-ram-2500-recall/

Here is part of the verbiage..

"The agency will now orchestrate a more thorough root-cause analysis to determine if the 4x2 drag link is potentially susceptible to the same failures. Investigators will also be evaluating the long-term suitability of FCA's fix, which involves welding the nuts to the adjuster sleeve."

Last edited:

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I lot of guys "were" getting them reimbursed 6 months ago (give or take). After it caught on and more and more people started doing it FCA stopped paying for it so if you try it now you Will get turned down. That door has closed.

With that said, the NHTSA has re-opened the case on this and has asked FCA to go back and look at the fix. Whether it will go anywhere who knows but the is hope. I have not had mine done as I refuse to have them weld a adjustable link. I do check it to make sure it is tight now and then.

https://leftlanenews.com/ram/fca-faces-investigation-into-ram-2500-recall/

Here is part of the verbiage..

"The agency will now orchestrate a more thorough root-cause analysis to determine if the 4x2 drag link is potentially susceptible to the same failures. Investigators will also be evaluating the long-term suitability of FCA's fix, which involves welding the nuts to the adjuster sleeve."

That's why I bought the Mopar part, figured if they won't reimburse me I'm only out $130 I stead of $300+