Driver Seat Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I traded my '14 Express with 130,000 miles in last November for a '21 Warlock. Been a little disappointed with the build quality on this truck. My drivers seat makes creaking and popping noises everytime you hit bumps or move in the seat. Its pretty loud to. Took it to the dealership and they said "Yea that sucks its a new truck making that noise but there is nothing we can do" Ram has a service bulletin on it they said but everything seems good if you go by what Ram says. They aknowlege the noise is happening but won't do anything. Has any one else had this problem? Would Love to hear from Ram Cares on this one. I feel just replace the seat at this point. Its not the only issue with this truck either. But the dealership says everything is good. Unreal.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have your wife or kid d sit in it and wiggle around while you stick your head as far under as you can to identify the problem. May try tightening to floor some more , or even remove it for inspection.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I traded my '14 Express with 130,000 miles in last November for a '21 Warlock. Been a little disappointed with the build quality on this truck. My drivers seat makes creaking and popping noises everytime you hit bumps or move in the seat. Its pretty loud to. Took it to the dealership and they said "Yea that sucks its a new truck making that noise but there is nothing we can do" Ram has a service bulletin on it they said but everything seems good if you go by what Ram says. They aknowlege the noise is happening but won't do anything. Has any one else had this problem? Would Love to hear from Ram Cares on this one. I feel just replace the seat at this point. Its not the only issue with this truck either. But the dealership says everything is good. Unreal.
Mine does the same thing! 19 classic. Hasn't gone to the dealer though. I want to pull the seat and check for anything broken. My 16 didn't make this noise.

DaveInHutto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
use your phone and video under the seat with someone ( adult size) doing the movement thing or use a stethoscope or a rubber tubing to listen around at specific spots under the seat.

OP
OP
StoneDude76

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I ended up taking the seat cushion off. Found that the seat track itself squeaks from the back left side. A little more digging on the internet I found that the seat track needs replacing. Seems this is a quiet issue with Ram trucks. Thanks to everyone's response.